As the second day of the Monaco Yacht Show gets underway, we take a look at the standout moments of its opening in Port Hercules yesterday.
From the unveiling of the 64m/210ft motor yacht SEASENSE from Benetti to the sight of the iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht Maltese Falcon at-anchor, the opening of the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 was a dazzling success.
With numerous captains of industry lining the docks, and with an abundance of fantastic motor yachts and sailing yachts on display, the highly anticipated show was stolen by those belonging to the charter fleet.
Indeed, at an awards ceremony hosted the evening before, the 52m/171ft luxury yacht ‘Seven Sins’ won the award for best interior- the second such prize she has won in as many weeks, with her success at the World Yacht Trophies in Cannes also owed to her marvellous interior.
The largest charter yacht on display is the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship, a superyacht which was seen garnering considerable attention from the discerning crowd.
Shaping up to be a memorable edition, the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 has brought together some of the world’s finest superyachts
Of course, the subject of many a conversation at this year’s event had to do with the 110m/361ft luxury yacht JUBILEE. The largest yacht to ever attend the event in Monaco, the Oceanco superyacht also collected two awards at the gala party- one for her exterior design, and another for being deemed ‘The Finest New Superyacht’.
As we move into the second day of the show, YachtCharterFleet will be on the ground to get a closer look at all of the attending superyachts.
To keep up to the minute with all of the action taking place in Monaco, be sure to follow our livestream of the best photographs here.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts on display at this year’s show, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed