As the second day of the Monaco Yacht Show gets underway, we take a look at the standout moments of its opening in Port Hercules yesterday.
From the unveiling of the 64m/210ft motor yacht SEASENSE from Benetti to the sight of the iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht Maltese Falcon at-anchor, the opening of the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 was a dazzling success.
With numerous captains of industry lining the docks, and with an abundance of fantastic motor yachts and sailing yachts on display, the highly anticipated show was stolen by those belonging to the charter fleet.
Indeed, at an awards ceremony hosted the evening before, the 52m/171ft luxury yacht ‘Seven Sins’ won the award for best interior- the second such prize she has won in as many weeks, with her success at the World Yacht Trophies in Cannes also owed to her marvellous interior.
The largest charter yacht on display is the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship, a superyacht which was seen garnering considerable attention from the discerning crowd.
Shaping up to be a memorable edition, the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 has brought together some of the world’s finest superyachts
Of course, the subject of many a conversation at this year’s event had to do with the 110m/361ft luxury yacht JUBILEE. The largest yacht to ever attend the event in Monaco, the Oceanco superyacht also collected two awards at the gala party- one for her exterior design, and another for being deemed ‘The Finest New Superyacht’.
As we move into the second day of the show, YachtCharterFleet will be on the ground to get a closer look at all of the attending superyachts.
To keep up to the minute with all of the action taking place in Monaco, be sure to follow our livestream of the best photographs here.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts on display at this year’s show, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.