As the second day of the Monaco Yacht Show gets underway, we take a look at the standout moments of its opening in Port Hercules yesterday.
From the unveiling of the 64m/210ft motor yacht SEASENSE from Benetti to the sight of the iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht Maltese Falcon at-anchor, the opening of the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 was a dazzling success.
With numerous captains of industry lining the docks, and with an abundance of fantastic motor yachts and sailing yachts on display, the highly anticipated show was stolen by those belonging to the charter fleet.
Indeed, at an awards ceremony hosted the evening before, the 52m/171ft luxury yacht ‘Seven Sins’ won the award for best interior- the second such prize she has won in as many weeks, with her success at the World Yacht Trophies in Cannes also owed to her marvellous interior.
The largest charter yacht on display is the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship, a superyacht which was seen garnering considerable attention from the discerning crowd.
Shaping up to be a memorable edition, the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 has brought together some of the world’s finest superyachts
Of course, the subject of many a conversation at this year’s event had to do with the 110m/361ft luxury yacht JUBILEE. The largest yacht to ever attend the event in Monaco, the Oceanco superyacht also collected two awards at the gala party- one for her exterior design, and another for being deemed ‘The Finest New Superyacht’.
As we move into the second day of the show, YachtCharterFleet will be on the ground to get a closer look at all of the attending superyachts.
To keep up to the minute with all of the action taking place in Monaco, be sure to follow our livestream of the best photographs here.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts on display at this year’s show, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...