Yesterday morning saw Damen’s 62m (203ft) SeaXplorer expedition yacht emerge from the construction hall in Vlissingen, the Netherlands ahead of her official launch. She is set to become the first delivery in the SeaXplorer series.
Believed to be named ANAWA, Damen’s first 62m SeaXplorer made her first public appearance yesterday morning at Damen’s facilities in Vlissingen.
A first glimpse gives us a proper look at her turquoise hull, large helideck and distinctive lines from Azure Yacht Design.
The expedition yacht is set to become the first delivery from Damen’s SeaXplorer series when she is handed over to her owners early next year.
The SeaXplorer series is characterized by uncompromised explorer capacity balanced by all the luxury elements of a modern superyacht.
Each SeaXplorer will have complete autonomy for up to 40 days at sea, combined with a Polar Class hull for high-latitude regions.
They will also have a fully-certified helipad and a hangar, voluminous tender garages and a dive store.
We are leading the way in the market for purpose-built expedition yachts.
Rose Damen, Managing Director at Damen, has stated that the shipyard hopes to expand the SeaXplorer range into yachts of various sizes; including vessels of up to 100m.
She commented; "Behind each of these designs is DAMEN’s dedicated SeaXplorer design team, a well-established pool of naval architecture talent and shipbuilding expertise.
"We are leading the way in the market for purpose-built expedition yachts.”
It is not yet known whether the latest 62m SeaXplorer expedition yacht will be available for luxury yacht charters.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...