Yesterday morning saw Damen’s 62m (203ft) SeaXplorer expedition yacht emerge from the construction hall in Vlissingen, the Netherlands ahead of her official launch. She is set to become the first delivery in the SeaXplorer series.
Believed to be named ANAWA, Damen’s first 62m SeaXplorer made her first public appearance yesterday morning at Damen’s facilities in Vlissingen.
A first glimpse gives us a proper look at her turquoise hull, large helideck and distinctive lines from Azure Yacht Design.
The expedition yacht is set to become the first delivery from Damen’s SeaXplorer series when she is handed over to her owners early next year.
The SeaXplorer series is characterized by uncompromised explorer capacity balanced by all the luxury elements of a modern superyacht.
Each SeaXplorer will have complete autonomy for up to 40 days at sea, combined with a Polar Class hull for high-latitude regions.
They will also have a fully-certified helipad and a hangar, voluminous tender garages and a dive store.
We are leading the way in the market for purpose-built expedition yachts.
Rose Damen, Managing Director at Damen, has stated that the shipyard hopes to expand the SeaXplorer range into yachts of various sizes; including vessels of up to 100m.
She commented; "Behind each of these designs is DAMEN’s dedicated SeaXplorer design team, a well-established pool of naval architecture talent and shipbuilding expertise.
"We are leading the way in the market for purpose-built expedition yachts.”
It is not yet known whether the latest 62m SeaXplorer expedition yacht will be available for luxury yacht charters.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.