The two marinas will be located close to each other in the port towns of Porto Heli and Ermioni on the southeast coastline of Greece’s Peloponnese mainland.
Involved in the technical phase of the design, Camper & Nicholsons Marinas are also lined up to manage and operate both marinas on their completion.
Of the region, Andreas Mavrakis, director of Tethys UK, said: “The location is a popular cruising ground for Greek and foreign yachts. It is often likened to the French Riviera and in spite of economic turmoil it has retained its upmarket low-key character.”
Ermioni Marina, the larger of the two projects, plans to offer berths for up to 199 yachts and will be capable of accommodating luxury yachts of up to 70 metres.
Construction will get underway this year in time for the 2018 cruising season, and will also involve the building of bars, restaurants, shops and a boutique hotel with 16 rooms.
A picturesque seaside town, Ermioni is rich in natural beauty and traditional architecture, and part of the new development’s remit involves complimenting the region’s unspoilt charms.
The Porto Heli Marina, meanwhile, is due to be completed next year and will be able to host up to 149 yachts measuring up to 40 metres in length.
Offering a more cosmopolitan vibe, Porto Heli is a vibrant town surrounded by idyllic hidden coves and secluded sandy beaches.
Situated 80 nautical miles from Athens, both marinas make fantastic bases for discovering the historical sites of the region as well as nearby islands such as Spetses and Dhokos.
Ermioni Marina, the larger of the two projects, plans to offer berths for up to 199 yachts
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...