The two marinas will be located close to each other in the port towns of Porto Heli and Ermioni on the southeast coastline of Greece’s Peloponnese mainland.
Involved in the technical phase of the design, Camper & Nicholsons Marinas are also lined up to manage and operate both marinas on their completion.
Of the region, Andreas Mavrakis, director of Tethys UK, said: “The location is a popular cruising ground for Greek and foreign yachts. It is often likened to the French Riviera and in spite of economic turmoil it has retained its upmarket low-key character.”
Ermioni Marina, the larger of the two projects, plans to offer berths for up to 199 yachts and will be capable of accommodating luxury yachts of up to 70 metres.
Construction will get underway this year in time for the 2018 cruising season, and will also involve the building of bars, restaurants, shops and a boutique hotel with 16 rooms.
A picturesque seaside town, Ermioni is rich in natural beauty and traditional architecture, and part of the new development’s remit involves complimenting the region’s unspoilt charms.
The Porto Heli Marina, meanwhile, is due to be completed next year and will be able to host up to 149 yachts measuring up to 40 metres in length.
Offering a more cosmopolitan vibe, Porto Heli is a vibrant town surrounded by idyllic hidden coves and secluded sandy beaches.
Situated 80 nautical miles from Athens, both marinas make fantastic bases for discovering the historical sites of the region as well as nearby islands such as Spetses and Dhokos.
Ermioni Marina, the larger of the two projects, plans to offer berths for up to 199 yachts
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...
- New M/Y ‘Liquid Sky’ Joins Global Charter FleetThe newly launched 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’ is the latest addition to the charter market and will be availabl...
- Charter Yacht SKYLER Wins ‘Best of the Best’ AwardStorming to victory at an awards ceremony hosted by the Robb Report China last week, the 38m/125ft motor yacht SKYLER w...
- Where Can I Charter In The Caribbean This Winter?As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh up...
- 10 Of The Best Brand New Yachts To Charter In 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best brand new superyachts in 2018.
- 6 Brand New Charter Yachts To Look Out For In 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...