The two marinas will be located close to each other in the port towns of Porto Heli and Ermioni on the southeast coastline of Greece’s Peloponnese mainland.
Involved in the technical phase of the design, Camper & Nicholsons Marinas are also lined up to manage and operate both marinas on their completion.
Of the region, Andreas Mavrakis, director of Tethys UK, said: “The location is a popular cruising ground for Greek and foreign yachts. It is often likened to the French Riviera and in spite of economic turmoil it has retained its upmarket low-key character.”
Ermioni Marina, the larger of the two projects, plans to offer berths for up to 199 yachts and will be capable of accommodating luxury yachts of up to 70 metres.
Construction will get underway this year in time for the 2018 cruising season, and will also involve the building of bars, restaurants, shops and a boutique hotel with 16 rooms.
A picturesque seaside town, Ermioni is rich in natural beauty and traditional architecture, and part of the new development’s remit involves complimenting the region’s unspoilt charms.
The Porto Heli Marina, meanwhile, is due to be completed next year and will be able to host up to 149 yachts measuring up to 40 metres in length.
Offering a more cosmopolitan vibe, Porto Heli is a vibrant town surrounded by idyllic hidden coves and secluded sandy beaches.
Situated 80 nautical miles from Athens, both marinas make fantastic bases for discovering the historical sites of the region as well as nearby islands such as Spetses and Dhokos.
Ermioni Marina, the larger of the two projects, plans to offer berths for up to 199 yachts
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...