Classic Yacht CAMELLIA II New to Charter with Vintage Tender
During the Mediterranean Yacht Show earlier this month we had the pleasure of stepping on board the 32m/105’ classic motor yacht CAMELLIA II as she made her debut to the charter market along with her beautiful vintage tender.
Built in 1962 by Austin & Pickersgill to a design by Frederick R Parker, CAMELLIA II has been beautifully maintained while retaining her classic charm. While on board, we spent some time with her very professional and enthusiastic crew and her Captain Vangelis Berdos, who described by his team as ‘one of the best Captains in the industry’, has been working with the yacht's Owner to ensure she is in top condition for her debut summer charter season.
After extensive experience within the yachting industry which includes eight years spent at the helm of popular charter yacht SUNCOCO, Vangelis is an expert in creating unforgettable charter vacations. Upgrades were well underway when we visited the yacht and the results were already evident with all fabrics replaced inside and out and brand new entertainment systems. As an ex ski-instructor, Vangelis also plans to increase the yachts fleet of water toys to appeal to the most avid of watersports enthusiasts.
One of CAMELLIA II’s most impressive features is undoubtedly her beautiful 1964-built tender which fast became one of the surprise highlights of the inaugural MEDYS 2014 event. Staged magnificently on the top aft deck, this sleek, classically sporty vessel seats five people in the comfort of sumptuous cream leather upholstery. Originally crafted in England, it was bought by CAMELLIA II’s Owner in 1980 and reconstructed in 2004 during the yacht’s extensive refit.
Staged magnificently on the top aft deck, this sleek, classically sporty vessel seats five people in the comfort of sumptuous cream leather upholstery.
Throughout her spacious interior and exterior living spaces, glossy woods and high quality fabrics and furnishings create a warm and inviting atmosphere. She offers a variety of relaxation and dining areas, ranging from her elegant formal dining room with huge cherry wood dining table to her casual covered al fresco dining spaces. Her well-appointed layout of five staterooms accommodates up to 12 charter guests including a generous master suite as well as a four-bed cabin that is ideal for children and/or a nanny.
CAMELLIA II’s classic charm, excellent amenities and outstanding crew give her unlimited appeal to those looking to experience the true spirit of life at sea in breath taking Mediterranean cruising grounds such as Greece, Croatia and Turkey. For more details contact your preferred charter broker.
More Yacht Information
Camellia Yacht For Charter
34m A&P Group, 1962 / 2012
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...