The winners of the World Superyacht Awards 2015 were announced on 9 May with top accolades going to Grace E and WinWin. The 10th anniversary gala celebration took place in Amsterdam and hosted leading superyacht designers, builders and industry professionals as well as yacht owners.
The awards consist of numerous categories and name the best motor and sailing yachts in a range of sizes, as well as recognising the work carried out on rebuilt and refitted yachts. The Voyager Award, for the best world-roaming yachts was presented this year to Arctic P for its ambitious adventure in becoming the furthest voyage south ever taken.
Borne out of a need to recognise the craftmanship of the best superyachts, year on year, the World Superyacht Awards have become an annual event of note, through their impartiality and credibility to those in the yachting world. The judges are yachting enthusiasts with expert knowledge, who have sought to view all the yachts nominated from all over the world, in an unpaid role. In the last ten years, 129 Neptune statuettes have been handed out to worthy winners.
The best in charter were showcased at the glittering event and these are outlined in further detail below.
Grace E wins highest accolade: Motor Yacht of the Year 2015
Superyacht Grace E added two more awards to her trophy cabinet at the World Superyacht Awards, bringing her current tally of awards to 7. A leading favourite to win the Motor Yacht of the Year category, Grace E also took home the honours for Best Displacement Motor Yacht of 1,300GT to 2,999GT of below 75m.
Past winners of Motor Yacht of the Year have included Madame Gu (2014), Loretta Ann (2013), Tango (2012), Eclispe & Exuma (2011) and Lurssen motor yacht Arkley (2010).
Finalists in this category were Ester III and Z.
Kismet wins the Displacement Motor Yacht of 1,300GT to 2999GT of 75m and above
The 95m (312ft) Superyacht Kismet, built by Lurssen yachts in Germany received the honours in the Displacement Motor Yacht of 1,300GT to 2999GT of 75m and above category. According to organisers and judges, this particular category was hardest to decide upon since all were agreed that the yachts in contention were attractive and had been built under very demanding standards - with the only differences predominantly coming about due to their owners' requirements.
Finalists in this category were M/Y Equanimity, M/Y Graceful and M/Y Kibo.
Ancallia wins Best Rebuilt Yacht category
Ancallia, formerly launched as Bridlewood in 1984, had been entirely gutted and stripped to bare metal before undergoing a major rebuild with new machinery and a new interior. The results were astonishing and the extent of the quality of the work and degree of transformation gave the jury no choice than to award Ancallia this accolade.
Finalist in this category was motor yacht My Seanna,
Farfalla wins Quality and Value Award
The jury decided that sail yacht Farfalla was an attractively priced yacht that would give her owner twofold value. The ability to cruise the ocean in comfort and safety as well as providing the opportunity to race. S/Y Farfallas has an excellent performance record and is essentially a very reliable boat, coming in at an exceptional price.
Alumercia wins Best Refitted Yacht category
Four yachts were up for consideration in a category that focuses on the work carried out being largely cosmetic, but represents a significant upgrade to the vessel. Motor Yacht Alumercia was transformed into a beautifully decorated Mediterranean family cruiser with a practical beach area/garage in the stern - all completed in three months.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...
- New M/Y ‘Liquid Sky’ Joins Global Charter FleetThe newly launched 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’ is the latest addition to the charter market and will be availabl...
- Charter Yacht SKYLER Wins ‘Best of the Best’ AwardStorming to victory at an awards ceremony hosted by the Robb Report China last week, the 38m/125ft motor yacht SKYLER w...
- Where Can I Charter In The Caribbean This Winter?As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh up...
- 10 Of The Best Brand New Yachts To Charter In 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best brand new superyachts in 2018.
- 6 Brand New Charter Yachts To Look Out For In 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...