During the three days of offshore racing, 20 superyachts are scheduled to battle it out for the winning title, currently held by the 52m/169ft sailing yacht ADELA.
The fleet will depart from St George’s Harbour and compete around the race course of St David’s Head and alongside the South Shore up to John Smith’s Bay. The action forms part of the 2017 America's Cup programme, with runs until 27th June.
Among the competitors are a number of charter yachts, including the 43m/141ft sailing yacht COLUMBIA. A replica of the 1923 COLUMBIA, she seamlessly combines the classic lines of the original American schooner with modern amenities and comforts.
A fierce contender at the regatta will be the ground-breaking 47m/156ft charter yacht HYPERION. Built by Royal Huisman, she is a regular on the regatta circuit with wins at the NZ Millennium Cup, St Barth’s Bucket and Superyacht Cup Palma under her belt.
Another common sight on the regatta scene is the 30m/98ft charter yacht ‘Leopard 3’ from McConaghy Boats and, renowned for her ability to reach speeds of 40 knots, she is another competitor to watch out for.
The ultimate head-turner, however, will be Perini Navi’s iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’. Her sheer scale and revolutionary DynaRig system never fail to catch attention and she is expected to be one of the highlights of the superyacht regatta.
Also anticipated to be a big contender is the award-winning 52m/169ft charter yacht METEOR from Royal Huisman. Despite being classically inspired, she boasts all the modern attributes and latest racing technology to get ahead of the competition.
The 34m/110ft luxury yacht ‘Silver Spray’, built in 1916 from the lines of the winner of the very first America’s Cup, will also be gracing the Bermudan waters. Completely rebuilt in 1999, she still retains her integrity as a historic vessel and will be a joy to watch cutting through the water next week.
The final charter yacht signed up to race is the 34m/112ft sailing yacht SOJANA. She also has tallied up a number of wins since her launch from Green Marine in 2003, further adding to the excitement of the highly anticipated superyacht regatta.
20 superyachts are scheduled to battle it out for the winning title at the America's Cup Superyacht Regatta
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...