Following an opening ceremony which boasted a screening of Woody Allen’s latest movie and a throng of A-list celebrities lining the red carpet, this year’s Cannes Film Festival was officially declared open yesterday. Whilst there’s plenty on offer for the exclusive crowd attending Cannes this year, it’s at the historic Vieux Port where things gets truly exciting.
Indeed, situated along the French Riviera and taking place in early May, the conditions are nicely mild, allowing guests to get the most out of their yacht when they’re not rubbing shoulders with those responsible for the latest blockbusters.
What’s more, the festival is in many ways the perfect choice for anyone looking to book an event charter- being one of the most anticipated dates in every relevant celebrity’s diary, and unfolding against a distinct backdrop, there really isn’t anything quite like it.
Unsurprisingly, there are a number of award-winning motor yachts available for charter currently berthed in Marseille’s famed port, and there’s every chance they’ll be stealing the limelight as the show continues through to the 22nd May.
Now that everyone has showed up to the party, we take a look at some of the leading stars at this year’s Cannes Film Festival.
1. 'Ocean Sapphire'
Housing a bright and contemporary interior with a truly distinctive exterior design, the 41m/135ft motor yacht Ocean Sapphire could not be better primed for both unwinding and hosting parties.
Her open plan exterior, for example, allows for a number of guests to gather together and enjoy uninterrupted views across the port.
Due to her distinctive design, M/Y Ocean Sapphire also includes a range of large, floor to ceiling windows throughout her various social and private spaces. Naturally, such a feature is perfect for taking in the views around Cannes or indulging in some celebrity spotting.
Interestingly, her sister ship, the 41m/135ft luxury yacht ‘Ocean Emerald’ starred in the 2015 crime thriller ‘Point Break’.
A highlight for many, chartering a yacht for the Cannes Film Festival presents the chance to finely balance sophisticated outings with unrivaled relaxation
Consistent with such classic exterior styling, the interior manages to balance opulent furnishings with a bright colour palette- a decision which has ultimately provided guests with a ‘best of both worlds’ environment in which to unwind.
With an abundance of outdoor space spread over three decks, M/Y PLATINUM is also the perfect ‘after-party’ host. Indeed, guests will have enough room to enjoy hours of dancing without feeling at all cramped.
What’s more, the outdoor areas are fringed with honey coloured seating if quiet cocktails are more to the guests’ liking.
Reputed for routinely bringing out a vibrant range of luxury yachts, Cannes Film Festival is as much about the boats as it is the movies
Bringing a touch of modern elegance to this year’s proceedings, the 69m/226ft luxury yacht SALUZI will need no introductions.
Following an extensive refit in 2014, M/Y SALUZI bears only the most vibrant tones to contrast with her white textures. Far from being a sensory overload, all of the carefully considered shades ultimately combine to set a welcoming and relaxed ambience.
This playfulness is extended to her vast outdoor spaces, with an assortment of lights illuminating the sundeck once the sun has gone down. A floating nightclub, SALUZI also includes a cinema screen on her sundeck for those keen to enjoy films screened at Cannes in previous years.
In order to find out more about any of the yachts attending this year’s Cannes Film Festival, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter along the French Riviera.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...