The 45m/147’ charter yacht 'LADY M' is the setting for a number of scenes shot with Leonardo DiCaprio for his new Martin Scorcese-directed film ‘Wolf of Wall Street’.
Scenes on board motor yacht LADY M were filmed in North Cove Marina, New York for the highly-anticipated movie due out in cinemas later this month. ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ is based on the rise and fall of high-flying, fast-living real life stock broker Jordan Belfort, played by DiCaprio as he raked in more than $50 million a year on the stock market.
Belfort set up boiler room Stratton Oakmont in the 1990’s and enjoyed an outrageously excessive lifestyle of drugs, women, planes and of course superyachts before being imprisoned for 22 months corruption and fraud. LADY M is used in the film to represent Belfort’s own superyacht ‘NADINE’, named after his second wife, which was a 41m luxury motor yacht originally built for Coco Chanel in 1961.
‘NADINE’ sank in July 1997 following an instruction from Belfort while he was high on drugs to the Captain to head into a storm on a cruise from Porto Cervo to Capri. The yacht was battered by 15m waves and sank along with a number of toys including a seaplane, helicopter and eight jet skis however all passengers were successfully rescued by the Italian Coast Guard.
Built in 2002 by Intermarine Savannah, LADY M made for a luxurious setting for the film with her classically elegant interior that offers accommodation for up to 10 guests in five staterooms comprising a master suite, VIP, two doubles and one twin cabin. She is offered for charter at weekly rates starting from $125,000, contact your yacht broker for more details.
'Wolf of Wall Street’ yacht scenes were filmed on board LADY M in North Cove Marina, New York for the highly-anticipated movie due out in cinemas later this month.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.