The 41m sailing yacht MIRABELLA III has been spotted with a new heli-deck, making her one of only a small selection of large sailing yachts with the ability to land a helicopter on her deck.
Built in Thailand in 1994 by Concorde Yachts, her heli-pad is not the only unusual thing about her. She was launched with the assistance of elephants, which helped transport MIRABELLA III from the shipyard to the water.
Last refitted in 2010 she showcases exterior styling by Farr Yacht Design and can accommodate up to 10 charter guests in five staterooms. A finalist in the 2011 World Superyacht Awards for Best Refitted Yacht, she carries a plethora of water toys on board including water skis, doughnuts, kayaks and snorkelling and fishing gear.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.