Originally delivered from Derecktor Shipyards in 2010, AQUILA was promptly shortlisted for a number of prestigious accolades at both the World Superyacht Awards and Showboats Design Awards, winning first place for Tender Design Award at the latter.
The largest personal motor yacht built in America for almost a century, the voluminous vessel features a graceful exterior designed by the highly lauded Tim Heywood as well as a dedicated owner’s deck complete with a sizeable terrace.
Keeping their cards close to the table, the team behind the recent refit have given very little away regarding the details of the project.
This being said, with only the arches on the upper deck receiving a bright coat of paint, it would be safe to presume that the work has focussed on the interior.
No strangers to ambitious projects, Pendennis recently won a rebuilt award for the work they carried out on the 50m/164ft motor yacht MALANHE.
A true American masterpiece, AQUILA couldn’t be better primed for luxury charter vacations
Spread over five expansive decks, the amenities provided to guests on AQUILA are all but unrivalled- from a dedicated spa area to a generously proportioned beach club, every aspect of the luxury charter vacation experience has been finely anticipated.
Her array of tenders and toys has also attracted considerable attention, with reviews frequently reflecting on how easy it is for guests to enjoy themselves out on the water as well as inside the vessel.
As further information regarding the refit of superyacht AQUILA becomes available, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to provide extensive coverage.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.