Maintaining her unique edge, the 81m/266ft motor yacht AIR recently spent nine weeks in a purpose-built facility at Monaco Marine having her matt black hull repainted.
Originally delivered from Feadship in 2011, superyacht AIR has forever attracted attention thanks to her distinctive hull. Indeed, unlike other motor yachts and sailing yachts, the matt black finish creates a non-reflective surface which truly sets her apart in port.
A rigorously tested solution, one of the owners at the iconic Dutch shipyard even had his own car painted in this fashion to ensure its quality before applying the finish to one of the largest Feadship superyachts ever built.
Now entering her fifth year on the water, it was no surprise to learn that AIR had entered a refit facility in October to freshen up before going away on private yacht charter vacations in the Caribbean.
What is really interesting, however, is the lengths that the team at Monaco Marine went to when repainting her hull.
With over a thousand square metres to cover, and numerous coatings required to produce the desired texture, the project saw an experienced team of painters from Rolling Stock join the team at the French refit yard.
Working inside of a bespoke ‘transformation cocoon’, the collaborative project was undertaken in a climate-controlled environment which provided the ideal conditions for carrying out such exacting work.
Finishing a week ahead of schedule, the teams were reportedly delighted with the outcome and are confident that AIR looks better than ever as she heads out for charter once again.
Looking and feeling like the day she did upon delivery, superyacht AIR is perfectly primed for charter vacations in 2017
The perfect complement to the features found on board, the freshly repainted hull serves as an excellent finishing touch.
Indeed, as a superyacht shortlisted for prestigious awards, it’s only fitting that she causes a visual sensation when seen underway and at-anchor.
As well as a generously proportioned swimming pool on the bow and a number of modern communal areas throughout her interior and exterior spaces, AIR also features well-appointed accommodation for up to 12 guests.
In order to find out more regarding M/Y AIR, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in the Caribbean.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed