Maintaining her unique edge, the 81m/266ft motor yacht AIR recently spent nine weeks in a purpose-built facility at Monaco Marine having her matt black hull repainted.
Originally delivered from Feadship in 2011, superyacht AIR has forever attracted attention thanks to her distinctive hull. Indeed, unlike other motor yachts and sailing yachts, the matt black finish creates a non-reflective surface which truly sets her apart in port.
A rigorously tested solution, one of the owners at the iconic Dutch shipyard even had his own car painted in this fashion to ensure its quality before applying the finish to one of the largest Feadship superyachts ever built.
Now entering her fifth year on the water, it was no surprise to learn that AIR had entered a refit facility in October to freshen up before going away on private yacht charter vacations in the Caribbean.
What is really interesting, however, is the lengths that the team at Monaco Marine went to when repainting her hull.
With over a thousand square metres to cover, and numerous coatings required to produce the desired texture, the project saw an experienced team of painters from Rolling Stock join the team at the French refit yard.
Working inside of a bespoke ‘transformation cocoon’, the collaborative project was undertaken in a climate-controlled environment which provided the ideal conditions for carrying out such exacting work.
Finishing a week ahead of schedule, the teams were reportedly delighted with the outcome and are confident that AIR looks better than ever as she heads out for charter once again.
Looking and feeling like the day she did upon delivery, superyacht AIR is perfectly primed for charter vacations in 2017
The perfect complement to the features found on board, the freshly repainted hull serves as an excellent finishing touch.
Indeed, as a superyacht shortlisted for prestigious awards, it’s only fitting that she causes a visual sensation when seen underway and at-anchor.
As well as a generously proportioned swimming pool on the bow and a number of modern communal areas throughout her interior and exterior spaces, AIR also features well-appointed accommodation for up to 12 guests.
In order to find out more regarding M/Y AIR, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in the Caribbean.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.