Maintaining her unique edge, the 81m/266ft motor yacht AIR recently spent nine weeks in a purpose-built facility at Monaco Marine having her matt black hull repainted.
Originally delivered from Feadship in 2011, superyacht AIR has forever attracted attention thanks to her distinctive hull. Indeed, unlike other motor yachts and sailing yachts, the matt black finish creates a non-reflective surface which truly sets her apart in port.
A rigorously tested solution, one of the owners at the iconic Dutch shipyard even had his own car painted in this fashion to ensure its quality before applying the finish to one of the largest Feadship superyachts ever built.
Now entering her fifth year on the water, it was no surprise to learn that AIR had entered a refit facility in October to freshen up before going away on private yacht charter vacations in the Caribbean.
What is really interesting, however, is the lengths that the team at Monaco Marine went to when repainting her hull.
With over a thousand square metres to cover, and numerous coatings required to produce the desired texture, the project saw an experienced team of painters from Rolling Stock join the team at the French refit yard.
Working inside of a bespoke ‘transformation cocoon’, the collaborative project was undertaken in a climate-controlled environment which provided the ideal conditions for carrying out such exacting work.
Finishing a week ahead of schedule, the teams were reportedly delighted with the outcome and are confident that AIR looks better than ever as she heads out for charter once again.
Looking and feeling like the day she did upon delivery, superyacht AIR is perfectly primed for charter vacations in 2017
The perfect complement to the features found on board, the freshly repainted hull serves as an excellent finishing touch.
Indeed, as a superyacht shortlisted for prestigious awards, it’s only fitting that she causes a visual sensation when seen underway and at-anchor.
As well as a generously proportioned swimming pool on the bow and a number of modern communal areas throughout her interior and exterior spaces, AIR also features well-appointed accommodation for up to 12 guests.
In order to find out more regarding M/Y AIR, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in the Caribbean.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- S/Y AQUIJO to charter in Papua New GuineaThe award-winning 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO has announced she will be chartering around the captivating cruising g...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...