For the second year in a row, YachtAid Global has been chosen as the charitable partner for the Newport Charter Yacht Show.
A favourite event among yacht brokers, the Newport Charter Yacht Show 2013 will run from 17th-20th June at the Newport Yachting Centre in Newport, Rhode Island.
The non-profit partner YachtAid Global arranges delivering humanitarian, development and conservation aid to coastal communities around the world. Founded in 2006, the organization is registered non-profit enabling it to provide tax benefits to donors. Utilizing a network of volunteers, YachtAid Global coordinates the patrons who donate the supplies and the yachts that can make the deliveries.
Delivering to schools, medical clinics, cultural centers and other organisations in remote locations which other aid organizations cannot reach, YachtAid Global works with an astonishing catalog of yachts allowing owners and crew an avenue to give back in an exceptional way that does not affect the course of their cruise.
YachtAid Global has made more than 50 deliveries since 2006, amounting to more than $300,000. Since last years Newport Charter Yacht Show, they have expanded further to include deliveries to Fiji, Jamaica and the Galapagos Islands, as well as a second delivery to Robinson Crusoe Island, plus two deliveries to Isles Secas off the coast of Panama. Many charter guests are keen to experience a unique charter adventure on their vacation, and this is the perfect way to experience just that.
In order to support YachtAid Global, the Newport Charter Show will be sponsoring YAG’s exhibit space during the Show.
YachtAid Global works with an astonishing catalog of yachts allowing owners and crew an avenue to give back in an exceptional way that does not affect the course of their cruise.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.