The most in-demand movie stars, directors and other industry bigwigs, as well as a wealth of models, musicians and celebrities, have descended on the French Riviera over the past fortnight for a combination of movie premieres, red carpet action and glitzy parties.
Who has been wearing what, a mass movie walkout and protests against gender discrimination have all hit the headlines this year, but also impossible not to spot is the spectacular fleet of superyachts gathered in and around Cannes especially for the event.
Impossible not to spot is the spectacular fleet of superyachts gathered in and around Cannes especially for the event
For nearly two weeks now, luxury yachts have been lined up in the Old Port, the harbour closest to the Palais des Festivals, where all the most important film screenings take place.
This is where charterers who want to be among the hustle and bustle of the festival should berth. It offers a prime spot, especially along the Albert Edouard dock, for hosting meetings and presentations as part of a corporate yacht charter.
The Old Port is divided from a second marina, Port Pierre Canto, by a curving strip of golden sand backed by the iconic La Croisette boardwalk. At this year’s festival, the 86m/282ft charter yacht CHAKRA and the 72m/236ft Austal charter yacht SERENITY were spotted in this quieter marina.
SERENITY also had an important part to play on the eve of the amfAR Cannes Gala. Hosting a pre-party for the glitzy fundraising event, she reportedly welcomed aboard big names such as Nicole Scherzinger, Winnie Harlow, Toni Garn, Pierce Brosnan and Woody Harrelson for a night of entertainment.
In the Instagram gallery above, models such as Lara Leito, Kamila Hansen and Alina Mayrina can be seen on board enjoying their evening. Sleek and streamlined, the motor yacht never fails to turn heads and, with expansive deck areas and a luxurious interior, she is perfect for event charters.
Revelling in the utmost privacy, however, were a variety of yachts at anchor off the coast of Cannes, accessible only by tender. Those after combining the utmost seclusion with attending hand-picked events during a charter vacation at the festival should follow suit.
The Cannes Film Festival also marks the beginning of the Mediterranean yacht charter season. Luxury charter yachts currently gathered in Cannes will be sure to stick around in the region until late September, undertaking a variety of private yacht charters.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.