The most in-demand movie stars, directors and other industry bigwigs, as well as a wealth of models, musicians and celebrities, have descended on the French Riviera over the past fortnight for a combination of movie premieres, red carpet action and glitzy parties.
Who has been wearing what, a mass movie walkout and protests against gender discrimination have all hit the headlines this year, but also impossible not to spot is the spectacular fleet of superyachts gathered in and around Cannes especially for the event.
Impossible not to spot is the spectacular fleet of superyachts gathered in and around Cannes especially for the event
For nearly two weeks now, luxury yachts have been lined up in the Old Port, the harbour closest to the Palais des Festivals, where all the most important film screenings take place.
This is where charterers who want to be among the hustle and bustle of the festival should berth. It offers a prime spot, especially along the Albert Edouard dock, for hosting meetings and presentations as part of a corporate yacht charter.
The Old Port is divided from a second marina, Port Pierre Canto, by a curving strip of golden sand backed by the iconic La Croisette boardwalk. At this year’s festival, the 86m/282ft charter yacht CHAKRA and the 72m/236ft Austal charter yacht SERENITY were spotted in this quieter marina.
SERENITY also had an important part to play on the eve of the amfAR Cannes Gala. Hosting a pre-party for the glitzy fundraising event, she reportedly welcomed aboard big names such as Nicole Scherzinger, Winnie Harlow, Toni Garn, Pierce Brosnan and Woody Harrelson for a night of entertainment.
In the Instagram gallery above, models such as Lara Leito, Kamila Hansen and Alina Mayrina can be seen on board enjoying their evening. Sleek and streamlined, the motor yacht never fails to turn heads and, with expansive deck areas and a luxurious interior, she is perfect for event charters.
Revelling in the utmost privacy, however, were a variety of yachts at anchor off the coast of Cannes, accessible only by tender. Those after combining the utmost seclusion with attending hand-picked events during a charter vacation at the festival should follow suit.
The Cannes Film Festival also marks the beginning of the Mediterranean yacht charter season. Luxury charter yachts currently gathered in Cannes will be sure to stick around in the region until late September, undertaking a variety of private yacht charters.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed