Celebrations took place in Livorno this morning, as Italian shipyard Benetti launched their third superyacht measuring over 100m into the waters. Known only as Project FB275, the superyacht marks the third and final installment of the shipbuilder’s ‘Gigayacht Season’ and is the largest of the three yachts by one metre.
FB275 enjoyed a private launch ceremony today, with the president and founder of the Azimut-Benetti group, Paolo Vitelli, overseeing the event. He described the launch as ‘a time of joy’ for the shipyard.
Attendees of the launch were able to admire the yacht’s classic and elegant exterior styling, which comes courtesy of British studio RWD. Speaking at the launch, one of the firm's designers said that RWD sketched the original profile almost 10 years ago, and it has barely changed since.
Benetti’s in-house team are responsible for the motor yacht’s interiors, and although few details are available at the time of publishing, they have been described as ‘clean and light’.
FB275 has a beam of 14.5 metres and a gross tonnage 4000 GT spread across four expansive decks. She is sure to come with a host of world-class amenities- YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep you updated with further details.
Project FB275 follows in the footsteps of Project FB277, which launched in December 2018, and FB272, which hit the waters in February.
It is not yet known whether this superyacht will be available for private yacht charter; if you'd like to learn more about chartering a Benetti superyacht, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.