The iconic Italian yard continues its ‘Gigayacht Season’ with the launch of the 107m/353ft superyacht 'Project FB272'.
Marking ‘Chapter Two’ of Benetti’s so-called ‘Gigayacht Season’ she is the second of three superyachts measuring over 100m to be launched by the shipyard in a short timeframe.
Due for delivery later this year, FB272 is a gigayacht of epic proportions, and will comply with Passenger Yacht Code Regulations. She has a displacement which exceeds 5,500 gross tonnes and a beam of 17 metres.
The motor yacht underwent several styling changes over the course of her development. Azure Naval Architects initially took care of her exterior design; now, the result is a collaborative effort between Benetti’s in-house design team, Reymond Langton Design and Zaniz Interiors.
The superyacht’s striking profile spans six decks and includes a straight bow that offers excellent seakeeping and efficiency. Tall glazing on the upper decks provide unobstructed views, and the lack of mullions lend the decks a floating appearance.
In total, 800 square metres of window glass have been used to provide those on board with a feeling of being at one with their surrounds. Zaniz Interiors are responsible for the superyacht's interior design.
Due for delivery later this year, FB272 is a gigayacht of epic proportions, and will comply with Passenger Yacht Code Regulations.
At the launch, Benetti’s President Paolo Vitelli said, ‘On this auspicious day, I could not be prouder to stand here among Benetti’s family, friends and colleagues to witness the launch of our latest enthralling creation.
‘The use of such a large number of suppliers is integral to the Benetti superyacht building philosophy: the perfect balance between the best “Made in Italy” craftsmanship with the most advanced technological and innovative solutions available on the international market.’
This launch comes after Benetti's Project 277 hit the waters in December, and it was announced that she will be available for yacht charter vacations this summer. In the coming months, we can expect the third installment of Benetti’s ‘Gigayacht Season’
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...