The iconic Italian yard continues its ‘Gigayacht Season’ with the launch of the 107m/353ft superyacht 'Project FB272'.
Marking ‘Chapter Two’ of Benetti’s so-called ‘Gigayacht Season’ she is the second of three superyachts measuring over 100m to be launched by the shipyard in a short timeframe.
Due for delivery later this year, FB272 is a gigayacht of epic proportions, and will comply with Passenger Yacht Code Regulations. She has a displacement which exceeds 5,500 gross tonnes and a beam of 17 metres.
The motor yacht underwent several styling changes over the course of her development. Azure Naval Architects initially took care of her exterior design; now, the result is a collaborative effort between Benetti’s in-house design team, Reymond Langton Design and Zaniz Interiors.
The superyacht’s striking profile spans six decks and includes a straight bow that offers excellent seakeeping and efficiency. Tall glazing on the upper decks provide unobstructed views, and the lack of mullions lend the decks a floating appearance.
In total, 800 square metres of window glass have been used to provide those on board with a feeling of being at one with their surrounds. Zaniz Interiors are responsible for the superyacht's interior design.
Due for delivery later this year, FB272 is a gigayacht of epic proportions, and will comply with Passenger Yacht Code Regulations.
At the launch, Benetti’s President Paolo Vitelli said, ‘On this auspicious day, I could not be prouder to stand here among Benetti’s family, friends and colleagues to witness the launch of our latest enthralling creation.
‘The use of such a large number of suppliers is integral to the Benetti superyacht building philosophy: the perfect balance between the best “Made in Italy” craftsmanship with the most advanced technological and innovative solutions available on the international market.’
This launch comes after Benetti's Project 277 hit the waters in December, and it was announced that she will be available for yacht charter vacations this summer. In the coming months, we can expect the third installment of Benetti’s ‘Gigayacht Season’
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed