After exclusively breaking the news about the brand new 'Below Deck Sailing Yacht' series earlier this year, YachtCharterFleet can now unveil more details about Bravo's latest addition to the Below Deck franchise.
Set to hit our screens on February 3, 'Below Deck Sailing Yacht' will follow a new crew of yachties as they set sail around the coastlines of Greece.
This is the first series in Below Deck history which features a luxury sailing yacht, with the 180ft sailing yacht Parsifal III playing the starring role.
The new series joins the original Below Deck, which premiered in 2013, and Below Deck Mediterranean, which premiered in 2016.
Promising even more action on the high seas, a new trailer gives us an insight into what we can expect from the show's first ever season.
This is the first ever time Below Deck has branched away from motor yachts, and the sailing vessel component of the new series is expected to inject even more drama to the show.
This is partly due to the fact that the design of luxury sailing yachts leads to far more confined crew areas than we are used to seeing on the original Below Deck.
Although the 180ft Parsfill III is the 59th largest sailing yacht ever build, her interior volumes are much smaller than a motor yacht of the equivalent length. Motor yachts are typically wider, and have more decks- Parsifal III has just three slim decks.
Sailing yachts also heel (lean) from side to side while under sail, creating plenty of problems for the interior team as you can see in the trailer above.
Sailing yachts generally feature smaller galleys, tiny stew stations and cramped crew quarters which are in closer proximity to the guests’ living areas, making it more challenging for the crew to deliver their signature silver service.
Sailing yachts also heel (lean) from side to side while under sail, creating plenty of problems for the interior team, as you can see in the trailer above.
In addition, we can expect to see the deck crew placed in a far more demanding role, with sailing yachts requiring accuracy and skills to manoeuvre safely.
Furthermore, plenty of deck duties take place in the midst of guest areas, so the pressure will be on as the sailors struggle to keep their cool in front of their charter guests.
The crew is helmed by the yacht's full-time captain Glenn Shepherd, a keen sailor with 10 years of experience on board Parsifal III. This is unusual for Below Deck, as the full-time crew are usually replaced with a temporary cast during filming.
Long-time Below Deck fans will spot a familar face in the crew; chef Adam Gliick, who made his debut appearance in Below Deck Mediterranean season 2 and is returning for the first season of the new Sailing Yacht series.
There is also a couple onboard, which is common in yachting, but has never been seen before on Below Deck. Ciara Duggan and Paget Berry also work full-time on Parsifal III, but the pair has never worked in the same department before. Berry works as the yacht's first mate, while Duggan will be stepping in as deckhand.
The interior crew is headed up by chief stewardess Jenna MacGillivray. She will need to have a firm hold on her crew and an even firmer hold on her interior, as unsecured items will wreak havoc when the yacht catches wind and heels (leans). She is joined by second stewardess Madison Stalker and third stew Georgia Grobler.
Filming for the new series took place around the Greek island of Corfu in the Ionian Sea. The yacht's homeport for the series was Corfu Yacht Harbour; this is where we can expect to catch our first glimpse of the charter guests as they embark and disembark the yacht.
The new Sailing Yacht series premieres Monday, February 3rd at 9pm ET/PT on Bravo TV.
Parsifal III charters from $195,000 per week plus expenses. This does not include the price of food, drinks, the cost to dock, or fuel costs associated with water toys.
- 80m COSMOS will be ‘world’s largest and fastest aluminium yacht’ With the capacity to reach speeds nearing 30 knots, Heesen’s 80.7m/ 265ft motor yacht COSMOS combines high performance ...
- 2019 Review: An exceptional year for the luxury yacht charter marketAnother year is drawing to a close, and as we prepare to welcome in 2020, YachtCharterFleet reflects on how the charte...
- S/Y 'Maltese Falcon’ steps in to provide humanitarian aid in the MediterraneanThe 88m/ 289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ reports being involved in a mission to aid the passengers of a small boat...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...
- Foreign-flagged yachts can now charter in AustraliaThe Special Recreational Vessels Bill 2019 has been passed by the Australian parliament, meaning that foreign-flagged y...
- Explorer yacht LEGEND offers incredible Arctic skiing experience with Olympic gold medallistThe 77m/254ft superyacht LEGEND is heading to Greenland and Antarctica to offer unforgettable skiing adventures with Ol...