BARENTS SEA Renamed, Refitted and Ready for Summer
Thanks to her recent refit, the 41m/135’ Mondo Marine superyacht BARENTS SEA (ex. PANTER II) was arguably the stand-out vessel in terms of interior transformation at this year’s Mediterranean Yacht Show.
Built in 2008, BARENTS SEA has always been best-known for her unique Luca Dini designed interior. We first saw her last May at the 2013 East Med Yacht Show before she came under new ownership earlier this year and was immediately taken in for a refit to ensure she was in top condition for the summer season.
On entering her main deck salon, we were struck by the subtle yet highly effective changes to her layout and colour scheme. Where the modern, cushioned cube style seating had previously lined the sides of the adjacent walls, it was now grouped together in a central, U-shaped arrangement. This relatively small change had resulted in a far more social and inviting atmosphere, providing a very useable area for guests to relax and spend time together.
The previously multi-coloured palette had also been toned down and the fabrics replaced to a more neutral theme, leaving just the art-work resin walls that had been created by the previous owner’s wife. This is something that has been implemented throughout the living and sleeping areas, meaning the walls now act as an accent to the rooms and the general feel is one that will appeal to a much wider spectrum of tastes.
BARENTS SEAS’s six staterooms now envelop a colour palette of white and grey, again with the accent walls and all of the linens have now been replaced to offer a number of different options depending on the occupant. The selection of colours on the beds now range from white and grey to blue and pink, with the crew considering each charter guest’s mood and personal tastes before changing to what they think is appropriate. The master stateroom now boasts a light blue theme with a new sofa while the closets have been replaced with mirrors and chaise longue, creating additional light and space.
The success of BARENTS SEA’s short refit period highlight the importance of events such as the Mediterranean Yacht Show where brokers can get first-hand experience of each yacht and the crew before recommending to clients.
The lighting on board has been pain-stakingly replaced throughout, a change that has been meticulously thought out to highlight every design feature, curve and living area and create an ambience of relaxed elegance. All entertainment systems have also been upgraded, all conveniently controlled by i-Pads. A new photo shoot of the yacht will be taking place in the coming weeks when we will be able to showcase her refit with a full review and images.
The success of BARENTS SEA’s short refit period highlights the importance of events such as the Mediterranean Yacht Show where brokers can get first-hand experience of each yacht and the crew before recommending to clients.She is available for charter in the Mediterranean at weekly base rates starting from €100,000, contact your charter broker for more details.
More Yacht Information
Barents Sea Yacht For Charter
42m Mondo Marine, 2008
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...