The show locations of Nelson’s Dockyard Marina, Falmouth Harbour Marina and the Antigua Yacht Club Marina will be a hive of activity today as crews undertake the final preparations to ensure their superyacht is ready to welcome aboard show attendees for viewings tomorrow.
Close to 90 superyachts will be on display, ranging from iconic names such as Lurssen’s 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Phoenix 2’ and the 81m/267ft superyacht ‘Alfa Nero’ to some of the best sailing yachts and luxury catamarans chartering in the region over the upcoming months.
Timed to coincide with the start of the Caribbean cruising season, the industry-only event enables brokers to tour the yachts in the winter charter fleet and meet with their captains and crew. This equips professionals with the insider knowledge needed to best match their clients with the most suitable yacht.
But before the exclusive yacht viewings get underway each day, there will be a series of industry seminars taking place in the Copper & Lumber Store Hotel in Nelson’s Dockyard. Topics covered include popular and off-the-beaten-track destinations and yachting policy and tax issues.
Each day will then be rounded up by chances to socialise and network. Tomorrow concludes with a cocktail party while a selection of yachts will open for drinks and canapes throughout the remainder of the event.
Many superyachts, such as the 70m/230ft superyacht JOY, the 63m/205ft superyacht 'Baton Rouge' and the brand new 42m/138ft superyacht SKYLER, will invite select brokers on board for exclusive lunches and chefs will also be hard at work wowing a panel of judges in the show’s popular culinary contest.
This year the theme is ‘A New Year’s Eve Dinner Party’ and stewards and stewardesses will also be challenged to create an accompanying decorative table setting. Results will be unveiled in a prize-giving ceremony and champagne reception at the Admirals Inn in Nelsons Dockyard on 8 December.
On the final day of the show, some of the fleet will take brokers out on a micro-charter around Antigua and proceedings will be rounded up by another cocktail event and crew Christmas party.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...