This week saw the keel laying ceremony of 118m/387ft Abeking Project 6507 at the shipyard’s facilities in Hamburg.
In one single picture, Abeking & Rasmussen has announced their latest and largest project is under construction.
Known only as Project 6507, the in-build superyacht marks Abeking & Rasmussen’s biggest undertaking yet.
A keel-laying ceremony took place on Monday, with the owners’ representative, designers and various other involved parties present to witness the milestone.
She is expected to have a range of cutting-edge facilities including a Nemo lounge, a large swimming pool and an on-board submarine. Delivery is expected for 2022.
Details about the project are sparse, but it is known that her exterior styling comes from French architect Joseph Dirand.
The vessel will be Abeking & Rasmussen's largest ever yacht, knocking the 98m/322ft motor yacht AVIVA (pictured above) from the top spot.
She follows in the footsteps of Abeking & Rasmussen’s 2019 launch, the 80m/262ft motor yacht EXCELLENCE, which sports futuristic exteriors from Winch Design.
In 2018, the yard launched the 75m/244ft motor yacht ELANDESS to much acclaim. The yacht scooped up numerous awards for her Harrison Eidsgaard interiors and exteriors, and she also plays host to a Nemo lounge (pictured below).
Sometimes called a Neptune lounge, this glass-panelled section of the hull provides an incredible glimpse at the world below the surface of the sea, and will no doubt be a particularly impressive feature on board Project 6507.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.