This week saw the keel laying ceremony of 118m/387ft Abeking Project 6507 at the shipyard’s facilities in Hamburg.
In one single picture, Abeking & Rasmussen has announced their latest and largest project is under construction.
Known only as Project 6507, the in-build superyacht marks Abeking & Rasmussen’s biggest undertaking yet.
A keel-laying ceremony took place on Monday, with the owners’ representative, designers and various other involved parties present to witness the milestone.
She is expected to have a range of cutting-edge facilities including a Nemo lounge, a large swimming pool and an on-board submarine. Delivery is expected for 2022.
Details about the project are sparse, but it is known that her exterior styling comes from French architect Joseph Dirand.
The vessel will be Abeking & Rasmussen's largest ever yacht, knocking the 98m/322ft motor yacht AVIVA (pictured above) from the top spot.
She follows in the footsteps of Abeking & Rasmussen’s 2019 launch, the 80m/262ft motor yacht EXCELLENCE, which sports futuristic exteriors from Winch Design.
In 2018, the yard launched the 75m/244ft motor yacht ELANDESS to much acclaim. The yacht scooped up numerous awards for her Harrison Eidsgaard interiors and exteriors, and she also plays host to a Nemo lounge (pictured below).
Sometimes called a Neptune lounge, this glass-panelled section of the hull provides an incredible glimpse at the world below the surface of the sea, and will no doubt be a particularly impressive feature on board Project 6507.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed