As the closing party came to an end on Sunday 11th September, it was once again time to reflect on the success of the annual Cannes Yachting Festival. As attending press, YachtCharterFleet were on hand to cover this year’s prestigious event.
Lighting up the French Riviera last week, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 more than lived up to its heightened expectations.
Indeed, with both Le Vieux Port and The Port Pierre Canto lined with a dynamic range of motor yachts and sailing yachts- as well as a host of luxury brand ambassadors in between- the festival enjoyed considerable attendance and balmy weather.
Hosting a number of world premieres, the event also displayed a number of superyachts available for charter such as the 34m/110ft motor yacht ‘Heliad II’, the 30m/100ft luxury yacht KOHUBA and the 27m/90ft motor yacht ‘Don Michele’.
An exceptional chance for shipyards to showcase their leading models, the likes of Sunseeker, Princess, and Sanlorenzo were on hand to take the editorial team of YachtCharterFleet on extensive and detailed yacht tours.
True to tradition, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 showcased some of the most impressive superyachts on the water
With the historic skyline of Cannes providing a suitably sophisticated backdrop for the week’s proceedings, the many berths provided countless views of swim platforms, beach clubs, and aft decks.
Taking tours around Benetti superyachts and learning more about the latest builds from Riva, the editorial team also captured exclusive images of the 38m/125ft motor yacht TAKRA and the 30m/98ft luxury yacht GATSBY.
In addition to learning more regarding the details of certain charter yachts, the team also took the opportunity to check out the latest developments in marine technology and the latest water toys in demand.
Revealing that the Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 will take place between the 12th and 17th September next year, the industry will no doubt be expecting great things for the show’s fortieth anniversary.
To find out more about any of the charter yachts which attended this year’s Cannes Yachting Festival, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at the video below to get a closer look at the week's action.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed