As the closing party came to an end on Sunday 11th September, it was once again time to reflect on the success of the annual Cannes Yachting Festival. As attending press, YachtCharterFleet were on hand to cover this year’s prestigious event.
Lighting up the French Riviera last week, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 more than lived up to its heightened expectations.
Indeed, with both Le Vieux Port and The Port Pierre Canto lined with a dynamic range of motor yachts and sailing yachts- as well as a host of luxury brand ambassadors in between- the festival enjoyed considerable attendance and balmy weather.
Hosting a number of world premieres, the event also displayed a number of superyachts available for charter such as the 34m/110ft motor yacht ‘Heliad II’, the 30m/100ft luxury yacht KOHUBA and the 27m/90ft motor yacht ‘Don Michele’.
An exceptional chance for shipyards to showcase their leading models, the likes of Sunseeker, Princess, and Sanlorenzo were on hand to take the editorial team of YachtCharterFleet on extensive and detailed yacht tours.
True to tradition, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 showcased some of the most impressive superyachts on the water
With the historic skyline of Cannes providing a suitably sophisticated backdrop for the week’s proceedings, the many berths provided countless views of swim platforms, beach clubs, and aft decks.
Taking tours around Benetti superyachts and learning more about the latest builds from Riva, the editorial team also captured exclusive images of the 38m/125ft motor yacht TAKRA and the 30m/98ft luxury yacht GATSBY.
In addition to learning more regarding the details of certain charter yachts, the team also took the opportunity to check out the latest developments in marine technology and the latest water toys in demand.
Revealing that the Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 will take place between the 12th and 17th September next year, the industry will no doubt be expecting great things for the show’s fortieth anniversary.
To find out more about any of the charter yachts which attended this year’s Cannes Yachting Festival, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at the video below to get a closer look at the week's action.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...