As the closing party came to an end on Sunday 11th September, it was once again time to reflect on the success of the annual Cannes Yachting Festival. As attending press, YachtCharterFleet were on hand to cover this year’s prestigious event.
Lighting up the French Riviera last week, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 more than lived up to its heightened expectations.
Indeed, with both Le Vieux Port and The Port Pierre Canto lined with a dynamic range of motor yachts and sailing yachts- as well as a host of luxury brand ambassadors in between- the festival enjoyed considerable attendance and balmy weather.
Hosting a number of world premieres, the event also displayed a number of superyachts available for charter such as the 34m/110ft motor yacht ‘Heliad II’, the 30m/100ft luxury yacht KOHUBA and the 27m/90ft motor yacht ‘Don Michele’.
An exceptional chance for shipyards to showcase their leading models, the likes of Sunseeker, Princess, and Sanlorenzo were on hand to take the editorial team of YachtCharterFleet on extensive and detailed yacht tours.
True to tradition, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 showcased some of the most impressive superyachts on the water
With the historic skyline of Cannes providing a suitably sophisticated backdrop for the week’s proceedings, the many berths provided countless views of swim platforms, beach clubs, and aft decks.
Taking tours around Benetti superyachts and learning more about the latest builds from Riva, the editorial team also captured exclusive images of the 38m/125ft motor yacht TAKRA and the 30m/98ft luxury yacht GATSBY.
In addition to learning more regarding the details of certain charter yachts, the team also took the opportunity to check out the latest developments in marine technology and the latest water toys in demand.
Revealing that the Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 will take place between the 12th and 17th September next year, the industry will no doubt be expecting great things for the show’s fortieth anniversary.
To find out more about any of the charter yachts which attended this year’s Cannes Yachting Festival, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at the video below to get a closer look at the week's action.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...