The futuristic 80m/263ft motor yacht ARTEFACT is currently undertaking her maiden voyage to Gibraltar, having left Nobiskrug’s facilities in Rendsburg yesterday.
Having successfully completed rigorous sea trials in the Baltic Sea, hybrid superyacht ARTEFACT has now been delivered to her Owner.
She is en route to Gibraltar, and according to our AIS data she is currently in the English Channel.
At 2,990GT, Artefact is now the highest-volume 80-metre superyacht in the world.
The yacht’s eye-catching exteriors are the work of Gregory C. Marshall.
Her unique profile is created through an excess of glass panels- around 750 square metres and 58 tonnes of glass have been used in total, and she is believed to have the highest ratio of glass to LOA for any yacht in her size bracket.
“We’re not afraid of pushing the envelope, but perhaps the biggest challenge with Artefact was that she’s a very high volume yacht with a fibreglass superstructure and tremendous amount of heavy glass,” Nobiskrug’s Managing Director, Holger Kahl, has said in the past.
Around 750 square metres and 58 tonnes of glass have been used in total, and she is believed to have the highest ratio of glass to LOA for any yacht in her size bracket.
To offset the added weight from the glass, the yacht’s superstructure is made out of GRP instead of the more traditional aluminum.
The yacht’s bold exterior reflects a visionary Owner who wanted to ensure environmental responsibility, cutting-edge innovation, and a distinctive look were all part of the package.
In terms of eco-credentials, Artefact boasts on-board solar panels and a large battery storage system which allows her to operate without internal combustion engines for short periods of time.
“The set up allows us to run the yacht in a state of optimal efficiency and minimal wear and tear on the generators,” explains the yacht’s captain and owner’s representative, Aaron T. Clark. “Basically, we’re always conserving or redirecting energy, that’s the real advantage.”
The motor yacht is among the first superyachts to meet IMO Tier III emissions regulations and she features an innovative diesel-electric propulsion system which makes her up to 30% more efficient than other diesel yachts of her size.
She is around 30% more efficient than other diesel yachts of her size.
The yacht will also be committed to minimising damage to the seafloor by using dynamic positioning technology. This will ensure she can maintain her position on the water without having to drop anchor.
Artefact can also recycle wastewater for use as technical water.
The interiors of ARTEFACT have been helmed by Reymond Langton Design. The styling and themes have yet to be unveiled, but it’s being reported that the yacht departs from convention in pursuit of maximum stability and silent operations.
The master stateroom is situated aft rather than forward, and all guest entertainment areas are located in low acceleration zones.
Based on the scale model of the yacht on display at the 2018 Monaco Yacht Show, we can see a large aft deck pool and intimate Portuguese bridge section.
Artefact is a unique vessel that marries cutting-edge engineering and striking architectural design to embody a tribute to the nuances of human experience which are often overlooked or ignored.
Captain Aaron T Clark added: “Artefact is a unique vessel that marries cutting-edge engineering and striking architectural design to embody a tribute to the nuances of human experience which are often overlooked or ignored.
“Many traditional aspects of a superyacht GA’s have been challenged and reimagined in this design to create an unprecedented experience while minimizing the impact on fragile marine ecosystems.”
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancellations, insuran...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Wanderlust: Destinations worth waiting for Travel restrictions may be in place right now, due to COVID-19, to but that isn’t stopping us planning ahead and lookin...