Abeking & Rasmussen’s 80m/262ft motor yacht EXCELLENCE has embarked on the first day of her sea trials in Germany.
Currently en route to the North Sea, the ‘iconic and futuristic’ EXCELLENCE has embarked on the first leg of her sea trials in northwest Germany.
The mammoth megayacht was captured underway for the first time, snaking up the River Weser from Abeking and Rasmussen’s facilities in Lemwerder.
Following the successful completion of her sea trials, EXCELLENCE will head back to the yard to have her final outfitting put in place. Her experienced owner is expected to take delivery for summer 2019.
EXCELLENCE follows in the footsteps of a string of custom projects from Abeking & Rasmussen which carry a variation of the same name.
The latest superyacht, known as Project 6505 during her build, hit the waters last month with a low-key launch ceremony.
The eye-catching exteriors of EXCELLENCE have been penned by Winch Design, who also headed up the motor yacht’s interiors.
The British studio have created a sharp and striking profile, with an angular, inverted bow and a ‘silhouette comparable to a spaceship’.
She features curved mirrored panels encasing the owner’s deck, and an excess of glazing across her main and upper decks that will infuse her on-board spaces with light.
A completely unique superstructure, she signifies an innovative and exciting new genre for Winch Design.
Boasting an ‘industry-disrupting’ layout, the luxury yacht is expected to play host to a swimming pool, jacuzzi, spacious beach club and a pair of limousine tenders.
“We are very proud of this extraordinary yacht and our exceptional workforce, who mastered all requirements bravely.” Said Hans Schaedla, CEO of Abeking & Rasmussen, during the launch.
“Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions. The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.”
Speaking about their latest project, Andrew Winch said: “EXCELLENCE represents a huge milestone. A completely unique superstructure, she signifies an innovative and exciting new genre for Winch Design.”
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed