Known as Project 6505 during her build, the 80m/262ft superyacht EXCELLENCE was launched from Abeking & Rasmussen’s shipyard in Germany on Saturday.
The latest member of the Abeking & Rasmussen fleet, EXCELLENCE hit the waters in a launch ceremony in the early hours of Saturday 25 May. It comes after the yard offered a glimpse of their ‘iconic and futuristic’ motor yacht last week.
EXCELLENCE will begin sea trials along the river Weser and out on the North Sea in the coming weeks. Following their successful completion, her experienced owner is expected to take delivery for summer 2019.
The video below gives viewers a closer look at the yacht’s striking profile, which boasts an excess of mirrored glazing and an inverted bow for enhanced seakeeping.
“We are very proud of this extraordinary yacht and our exceptional workforce, who mastered all requirements bravely.” Said Hans Schaedla, CEO of Abeking & Rasmussen, during the launch.
“Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions.The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.” He went on. “Now we have developed and successfully finished this masterpiece and can hardly wait for the sea trials.”
The superyacht’s head-turning, yet timeless, exteriors come from Winch Design. Designed to create a harmonious connection with the outside world, the British design studio have drawn parallels between the superyacht and a spaceship.
Now we have developed and successfully finished this masterpiece and can hardly wait for the sea trials.
Speaking about their latest project, Andrew Winch said: “EXCELLENCE represents a huge milestone. A completely unique superstructure, she signifies an innovative and exciting new genre for Winch Design”
EXCELLENCE’s interiors have also been headed up by Winch Design, and she is said to have an ‘industry-disrupting layout’. She is expected to play host to a swimming pool, jacuzzi, beach club and swim platform, as well as plenty of space for storing limousine tenders.
It is not yet known whether EXCELLENCE will be available for luxury yacht charters. Upon delivery, EXCELLENCE will be the fifth largest yacht in the Abeking & Rasmussen fleet, and the first yacht to be delivered by the yard in 2019.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.