Known as Project 6505 during her build, the 80m/262ft superyacht EXCELLENCE was launched from Abeking & Rasmussen’s shipyard in Germany on Saturday.
The latest member of the Abeking & Rasmussen fleet, EXCELLENCE hit the waters in a launch ceremony in the early hours of Saturday 25 May. It comes after the yard offered a glimpse of their ‘iconic and futuristic’ motor yacht last week.
EXCELLENCE will begin sea trials along the river Weser and out on the North Sea in the coming weeks. Following their successful completion, her experienced owner is expected to take delivery for summer 2019.
The video below gives viewers a closer look at the yacht’s striking profile, which boasts an excess of mirrored glazing and an inverted bow for enhanced seakeeping.
“We are very proud of this extraordinary yacht and our exceptional workforce, who mastered all requirements bravely.” Said Hans Schaedla, CEO of Abeking & Rasmussen, during the launch.
“Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions.The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.” He went on. “Now we have developed and successfully finished this masterpiece and can hardly wait for the sea trials.”
The superyacht’s head-turning, yet timeless, exteriors come from Winch Design. Designed to create a harmonious connection with the outside world, the British design studio have drawn parallels between the superyacht and a spaceship.
Now we have developed and successfully finished this masterpiece and can hardly wait for the sea trials.
Speaking about their latest project, Andrew Winch said: “EXCELLENCE represents a huge milestone. A completely unique superstructure, she signifies an innovative and exciting new genre for Winch Design”
EXCELLENCE’s interiors have also been headed up by Winch Design, and she is said to have an ‘industry-disrupting layout’. She is expected to play host to a swimming pool, jacuzzi, beach club and swim platform, as well as plenty of space for storing limousine tenders.
It is not yet known whether EXCELLENCE will be available for luxury yacht charters. Upon delivery, EXCELLENCE will be the fifth largest yacht in the Abeking & Rasmussen fleet, and the first yacht to be delivered by the yard in 2019.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed