One of the most glamorous events in the superyacht calendar, the Cannes Film Festival offers charter guests the opportunity to vacation in an appropriately distinguished style. With a number of A-list names set to descend on the famous French town in a week’s time, this year’s edition promises to be one of the greatest yet.
Marking the 70th anniversary of the iconic event, the Cannes Film Festival 2017 is set to showcase a selection of outstanding films from across the globe, all competing for the prestigious Palme d’Or.
Taking place between 17th and 28th May, the festival will be opened and closed by Italian actress Monica Bellucci, and the panel of judges will include the Oscar-nominated Uma Thurman as well as American actor Will Smith.
As one of the best occasions to enjoy an event charter, we take a look at some of the finest superyachts still available to treat guests to an unforgettable experience next week.
Entirely suited to the occasion, the 50m/164ft superyacht MALAHNE is a fully restored and recently refit classic, making her the total embodiment of the glamour associated with the Cannes Film Festival.
On a practical level, her extended tender allows charter guests to arrive at the festival in style and makes boarding and disembarking a complete joy.
Combining her traditional styling with state of the art amenities, guests will be able to comfortably socialise and unwind in the beautiful surroundings of Cannes.
Besides her generously proportioned master cabin, M/Y MALAHNE features an additional 5 staterooms to accommodate up to 10 guests when being used for a private yacht charter vacation.
Every bit as iconic as the stars descending on the French Riviera next week, the 49m/162ft motor yacht HIGHLANDER is perfect for guests looking to return to a contemporary haven after rubbing shoulders with the A-list.
The perfect luxury retreat, the motor yacht includes a dedicated massage room, a heated Jacuzzi, and a number of modern communal spaces for parties to gather in.
Able to sleep up to 12 guests across 7 flexible cabins, M/Y HIGHLANDER is ideal for both friends or families.
Suitably elegant, the 50m/164ft luxury yacht ODESSA offers a highly sophisticated environment to return to after being immersed in the excitement of the Cannes Film Festival.
Having received all new furnishings earlier this year, and with an open plan exterior, the superyacht is particularly impressive for those after a vacation which balances relaxation with socialising.
Should guests wish to continue viewing films once they’re on board, a large TV screen and sofa arrangement in the upper salon serves to create an intimate home cinema.
With a single master cabin, 3 doubles, and 2 twins, M/Y ODESSA is capable of sleeping up to 12 guests when on charter.
Super sleek and sporty, the 33m/108ft motor yacht ‘HERCULES 1’ provides a wholly modern option for charter guests looking to experience the Cannes Film Festival.
Open plan and expertly furnished, the main salon has the added advantage of a retractable skylight to optimise the amount of natural light which spills into the interior.
What’s more, with the aft deck given over to a sunbathing area, guests will be welcome to return to the comfort of a heated Jacuzzi following any film viewings or social events they attend.
Nicely configured for small parties of friends or a family, M/Y HERCULES 1 features a full beam master cabin and three further staterooms to accommodate up to 8 guests.
With an abundance of exterior space perfect for hosting social events, the 53m/173ft motor yacht SUNRISE is another perfect choice for charter guests looking to enjoy Cannes Film Festival in style.
Indeed, following her refit in 2015, the bright design of the motor yacht will provide an inviting setting for those enjoying the charms of the festival this year.
As well as a split-level master suite with 180 degree views, M/Y SUNRISE comes with an additional 5 cabins to sleep up to 12 guests whilst away on charter.
In order to find out more regarding any of the superyachts mentioned in this article, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in France.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...