Last night the winners of the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards were revealed, paying homage to the designers and teams behind the finest superyachts delivered over the past 12 months.
Now in its fifth year, the ShowBoats Design Awards have become a symbol of excellence and superiority in superyacht building and design. Taking place in conjunction with the Superyacht Design Symposium (SDS) in Kitzbühel, Austria, this year was the first time the Awards took place on the first evening of the Symposium.
The stunning venue chosen to host the ShowBoats Design Awards was the exquisite Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens, Austria and last night held an inernational audience of the superyacht owners, designers and teams behind the finalist yachts for the gala evening.
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year. Categories for the awards include - Interior Design, Exterior Design and Styling, Naval Architecture and Holistic Design, to name but a few. Last night the winners were each presented with a coveted gold Neptune trophy including celebrated designer Terence Disdale who was awarded the 'Lifetime Achievement Award'.
See the charter yachts that were winners at the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards below:
Interior Design Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Exteior Design & Styling Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Naval Architecture-Motor Yachts: Charter yacht SAFIRA
Naval Architecture-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht NOMAD IV
Holistic Design Award-Sailing Yacht: Charter yacht SEAHAWK
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...