Last night the winners of the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards were revealed, paying homage to the designers and teams behind the finest superyachts delivered over the past 12 months.
Now in its fifth year, the ShowBoats Design Awards have become a symbol of excellence and superiority in superyacht building and design. Taking place in conjunction with the Superyacht Design Symposium (SDS) in Kitzbühel, Austria, this year was the first time the Awards took place on the first evening of the Symposium.
The stunning venue chosen to host the ShowBoats Design Awards was the exquisite Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens, Austria and last night held an inernational audience of the superyacht owners, designers and teams behind the finalist yachts for the gala evening.
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year. Categories for the awards include - Interior Design, Exterior Design and Styling, Naval Architecture and Holistic Design, to name but a few. Last night the winners were each presented with a coveted gold Neptune trophy including celebrated designer Terence Disdale who was awarded the 'Lifetime Achievement Award'.
See the charter yachts that were winners at the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards below:
Interior Design Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Exteior Design & Styling Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Naval Architecture-Motor Yachts: Charter yacht SAFIRA
Naval Architecture-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht NOMAD IV
Holistic Design Award-Sailing Yacht: Charter yacht SEAHAWK
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...