Last night the winners of the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards were revealed, paying homage to the designers and teams behind the finest superyachts delivered over the past 12 months.
Now in its fifth year, the ShowBoats Design Awards have become a symbol of excellence and superiority in superyacht building and design. Taking place in conjunction with the Superyacht Design Symposium (SDS) in Kitzbühel, Austria, this year was the first time the Awards took place on the first evening of the Symposium.
The stunning venue chosen to host the ShowBoats Design Awards was the exquisite Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens, Austria and last night held an inernational audience of the superyacht owners, designers and teams behind the finalist yachts for the gala evening.
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year. Categories for the awards include - Interior Design, Exterior Design and Styling, Naval Architecture and Holistic Design, to name but a few. Last night the winners were each presented with a coveted gold Neptune trophy including celebrated designer Terence Disdale who was awarded the 'Lifetime Achievement Award'.
See the charter yachts that were winners at the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards below:
Interior Design Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Exteior Design & Styling Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Naval Architecture-Motor Yachts: Charter yacht SAFIRA
Naval Architecture-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht NOMAD IV
Holistic Design Award-Sailing Yacht: Charter yacht SEAHAWK
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed