2014 ShowBoats Design Award Winners Announced
Last night the winners of the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards were revealed, paying homage to the designers and teams behind the finest superyachts delivered over the past 12 months.
Now in its fifth year, the ShowBoats Design Awards have become a symbol of excellence and superiority in superyacht building and design. Taking place in conjunction with the Superyacht Design Symposium (SDS) in Kitzbühel, Austria, this year was the first time the Awards took place on the first evening of the Symposium.
The stunning venue chosen to host the ShowBoats Design Awards was the exquisite Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens, Austria and last night held an inernational audience of the superyacht owners, designers and teams behind the finalist yachts for the gala evening.
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year. Categories for the awards include - Interior Design, Exterior Design and Styling, Naval Architecture and Holistic Design, to name but a few. Last night the winners were each presented with a coveted gold Neptune trophy including celebrated designer Terence Disdale who was awarded the 'Lifetime Achievement Award'.
See the charter yachts that were winners at the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards below:
Interior Design Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Exteior Design & Styling Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Naval Architecture-Motor Yachts: Charter yacht SAFIRA
Naval Architecture-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht NOMAD IV
Holistic Design Award-Sailing Yacht: Charter yacht SEAHAWK
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year.
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...