Last night the winners of the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards were revealed, paying homage to the designers and teams behind the finest superyachts delivered over the past 12 months.
Now in its fifth year, the ShowBoats Design Awards have become a symbol of excellence and superiority in superyacht building and design. Taking place in conjunction with the Superyacht Design Symposium (SDS) in Kitzbühel, Austria, this year was the first time the Awards took place on the first evening of the Symposium.
The stunning venue chosen to host the ShowBoats Design Awards was the exquisite Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens, Austria and last night held an inernational audience of the superyacht owners, designers and teams behind the finalist yachts for the gala evening.
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year. Categories for the awards include - Interior Design, Exterior Design and Styling, Naval Architecture and Holistic Design, to name but a few. Last night the winners were each presented with a coveted gold Neptune trophy including celebrated designer Terence Disdale who was awarded the 'Lifetime Achievement Award'.
See the charter yachts that were winners at the 2014 ShowBoats Design Awards below:
Interior Design Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Exteior Design & Styling Award-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht INUKSHUK
Naval Architecture-Motor Yachts: Charter yacht SAFIRA
Naval Architecture-Sailing Yachts: Charter yacht NOMAD IV
Holistic Design Award-Sailing Yacht: Charter yacht SEAHAWK
The ShowBoats Design Awards focus on the elementary aspects of superyacht design and pay tribute to the accomplishments made throughout superyacht design over the past year.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...