The 140m/459ft motor yacht 'Project Lightning' has left Lurssen's facilities in preparation for sea trials.
Lurssen's latest superyacht, known only as Project Lightning, has left the shipyard's facilities in Bremen for the first time today.
She is currently en route to the North Sea, where she will begin the rigorous process of sea trials.
It comes after the superyacht first hit the water in early July, providing a first look at this mammoth megayacht.
View this post on Instagram
New 140m launch at @luerssenyachts • Photo by @superyachttimes #yachttrip#yachtclub#yachtmaster#luxurydesign#yachtingclub#travel#yacht_club#yachtinglifestyle#yachtstyle#megayacht#luxuryyacht#yachtmasters#luxury_club#yachtday#sainttropez#yachtlife#boat#boatday#holiday#yachtholiday#yachty#yachties#yachtingworld#boatworld#luxuryyachts#luxuryyachting#boatlife#amazing#france#luxe
Project Lightning is expected to be the largest superyacht delivery of 2019.
The German yard has had a busy year already, with the deliveries of two other yachts measuring over 100m; the 136m/446ft motor yacht 'Flying Fox' and the 111m/364ft superyacht TIS. Both of these megayachts have recently become available for luxury yacht charters.
In addition, the shipbuilder also delivered 95m/31ft superyacht MADSUMMER in the middle of last month.
Project Lightning is expected to be the largest superyacht delivery of the year.
Lurssen has kept the details about their latest project closely under wraps. It is known that the yacht's exterior lines come from the drawing boards of Espen Oeino, and photos suggest she will have a side-loading tender garage and multiple pools and relaxation areas.
She also plays host to a large aft deck helipad and a second foredeck helipad.
Upon delivery, she will rank in the Top 20 in the World's Top 100 Superyachts, giving Lurssen a total of 28 motor yachts in the leaderboard.
It is not yet known whether M/Y PROJECT LIGHTNING will be available for crewed yacht charters.
If you want to charter a similar superyacht, you can view and compare all Lurssen superyachts for charter.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed