Following a year-long refit at the Lurssen Blohm + Voss facilities, Oceanco's 110m (381ft) JUBILEE has been redelivered as motor yacht KAOS.
In a labour of love which has lasted over a year, Lurssen has completed its largest refit yet. KAOS has been handed over to her Owners with a new name and a host of other changes to both her interior and exterior design.
Sam Sorgiovanni has worked across both elements of her design, while brand new and existing spaces on the interior have been helmed by Reymond Langton Design.
Project Manager Thomas Dapp commented: "What you see from outside already looks significant, but the majority of the work was done on the interior. Overall, we renewed 1,500 square metres of interior spaces.”
As well as significant interior work, the yacht's exterior enjoys a newly-designed transom and a split-level arrangement on the upper deck aft which extends the yacht's usable deck space. Previously, the design of this deck area was purely aesthetic, in keeping with her elongated profile and sweeping lines.
"What you see from outside already looks significant, but the majority of the work was done on the interior. Overall, we renewed 1,500 square metres of interior spaces.”
The yacht's original design offered accommodation for 31 guests in 15 cabins, with eye-catching blue and white exteriors from Lobanov Design and interiors by Sam Sorgiovanni. On-board highlights include a large swimming pool with integrated aquarium and a fully-certified helipad, and the yacht has scooped up a number of awards since her delivery in 2017.
The motor yacht arrived in Hamburg for the refit in March 2019, after making headlines as the largest yacht sale of the year in November 2018.
Above: Before and after
The yacht still holds the title for the largest superyacht built in the Netherlands, beating out Feadship's luxury yacht ANNA by 10 centimetres.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed