The hull of the 109m/358ft motor yacht ‘Oceanco Y720’ is the first project to enter Oceanco’s new facilities in Zwijndrecht, in the Netherlands.
First acquired by Oceanco in May, the yard’s new construction facilities welcomed their first project yesterday.
Known only as Y720, the vessel will undergo all remaining construction at the Zwijndrecht facilities, including the installation of her superstructure.
She will then be transferred back to Oceanco’s Alblasserdam headquarters, located just 10km down river, for outfitting.
Details about the yacht remain under wraps, but she is thought to be one of the largest motor yachts currently being built in the Netherlands.
The yard has previously said that two 100 metre superyacht projects would be entering their new construction yard by the end of the year.
The new 28-acre site has offices and conferences centres on the premises, as well as facilities for outfitting, construction, painting and sandblasting.
The facilities will be used primarily for refit works and manufacturing steel hulls for new builds. However, they will also be used for educational purposes.
In a statement, Oceanco has said; "Oceanco is taking a leadership role in creating a platform in the superyacht sector for propagating economic and sustainable opportunities in a circular economy which is intended to lead to cost savings, innovation, job creation and a more sensible use of energy and raw materials."
Y720 will undergo all remaining construction at the Zwijndrecht facilities, including the installation of her superstructure.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.