Please use a modern browser to view this website. Some elements might not work as expected when using Internet Explorer.



I have already taken out Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance but do I need to take out any further insurance so that my family and I can use the water toys and equipment that come with the yacht?


Editorial Team

The use of some of the water toys will require the driver to be qualified and/or hold a license, like, for example, a boating license to be legally autorised – and insured – to drive waverunners. Requirements may vary from country to country, and it is safer to check with your Captain what is expected. In any case, the yacht Captain will not let you use any of the onboard equipment and toys that require licensing without the provision of such documentation. Apart from such cases, there is no need to take out any special insurance for the use of most water toys, as it is included in the yacht’s insurance policy. However it is always advisable to double-check with your own insurance company in the event you should have an accident when using them, and the resulting medical condition leads to repatriation, for example.



Yachts in your shortlist