Inaugurating the Monaco Yacht Show 2018, an awards ceremony shone the spotlight on the finest superyachts of the past year.
Four awards were presented at the fifth edition of the Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards, held in Monte-Carlo last Tuesday. The winners fell into categories including Best Exterior Design, Best Interior Design and Finest New Superyacht. Additionally, the RINA award was given to the luxury yacht which boasted the most eco-friendly attributes.
The video captures the atmosphere at the prestigious ceremony, where 400 privileged guests attended to watch the trophies being presented on stage. A panel of yachting journalists decide the yachts that are worthy of an accolade at the event.
Oceanco’s 90m/295ft superyacht DAR scooped up two awards at the ceremony; one for Best Exterior Design and one for Finest New Superyacht, which is considered the highest honour.
The exterior design of DAR is the work of Luiz de Basto, who said that he was very honoured to be celebrated for his work on the yacht. “We are so glad we won, but we didn’t come here to rest.” He said in the video.
Valentina Zannier, the chief interior designer at Nuvolari Lenard, was on hand at the show as well, and can be seen in the video giving an interview about the Monaco Yacht Show 2018. She was part of the team which designed the interiors of superyacht DAR.
“We are so glad we won, but we didn’t come here to rest.”
“You have to be here.” She said. “You can’t miss it, especially when you work in interior and exterior design.
“It’s a good chance to meet people from shipyards and potential clients.” She added.
Gaelle Tallarida, managing director of Monaco Yacht Show, presented the awards and also appears in the opening of the video.
Additionally, the Deputy General Manager of Pride Megayachts, Roger Friedrich, is shown talking about their successful delivery of the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus’, the largest yacht ever built in China.
To see the full list of winners in each category, be sure to check out our article.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...