The arrival of DILBAR in the Mediterranean has this week posed the question: ‘is DILBAR the largest yacht in the world?’.
In an interview earlier this year, Peter Lurssen stated that superyacht DILBAR would be the largest yacht in terms of size, not length, which is measured in gross tonnage.
With this in mind, DILBAR should pip the 155m/509ft motor yacht ‘Al Said’, the current largest yacht in the world which was also delivered from Lurssen in 2008- In terms of length, the 180m/591ft superyacht AZZAM remains the world's largest yacht.
In the latest footage of DILBAR - shot as she prepared to refuel in Gibraltar- viewers are able to get a much better impression of her sheer scale and harmonious exterior lines.
What’s more, as a popular refueling destination for superyachts which have departed from Northern European shipyards, enthusiasts can also expect to see the 70m/230ft Heesen motor yacht ‘Galactica Super Nova’ in Gibraltar in the very near future.
Towards the end of the video, viewers are able to get a greater look at not only the aft deck, but also the impressive twin staircases which descend to the swim platform from both the port and starboard sides.
Her distinctive and eye-catching exterior has been designed in collaboration with the acclaimed Espen Oeino, marking the continued strength of an award-winning partnership which stretches back further than twenty years.
Tonnage wise, she will be the biggest in the world, with amazing features
Whilst her exterior profile has been heavily photographed leading up to her delivery, the interior design of motor yacht DILBAR remains something of a mystery.
Carried out by Andrew Winch, a British designer with a predilection for sharp and contemporary aesthetics, there’s every reason to believe that DILBAR possesses a similarly outstanding arrangement courtesy of the award-winning designer with a long history of working with Lurssen.
Indeed, his previous work on the 87m/285ft luxury yacht ACE and the 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Phoenix 2’ should leave little doubt about the wonders Winch and his team are capable of installing on larger yachts.
In order to find out more about Lurssen superyachts, and particularly those which are similar to M/Y DILBAR, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at yachts similar to DILBAR which are available for charter.
- M/Y 'SERENITAS II' Delivered and Open For CharterNewly delivered, the 32m/105ft motor yacht ‘SERENITAS II’ is now available for charter in the sublime cruising grounds ...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y AIR Shows Off New Look After Major RefitFormerly known as QM of London, the 50m/164ft superyacht AIR has emerged from an extensive refurbishment with a fresh n...
- S/Y 'In Love' Now Available For CharterAvailable from 1st August, the 36m/117ft sailing yacht ‘In Love’ will be open for charter in the remarkable cruising gr...
- Feadship Superyacht HASNA DeliveredDesigned in partnership with a well-experienced charterer, the 73m/240ft motor yacht HASNA was delivered from Feadship ...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...