The arrival of DILBAR in the Mediterranean has this week posed the question: ‘is DILBAR the largest yacht in the world?’.
In an interview earlier this year, Peter Lurssen stated that superyacht DILBAR would be the largest yacht in terms of size, not length, which is measured in gross tonnage.
With this in mind, DILBAR should pip the 155m/509ft motor yacht ‘Al Said’, the current largest yacht in the world which was also delivered from Lurssen in 2008- In terms of length, the 180m/591ft superyacht AZZAM remains the world's largest yacht.
In the latest footage of DILBAR - shot as she prepared to refuel in Gibraltar- viewers are able to get a much better impression of her sheer scale and harmonious exterior lines.
What’s more, as a popular refueling destination for superyachts which have departed from Northern European shipyards, enthusiasts can also expect to see the 70m/230ft Heesen motor yacht ‘Galactica Super Nova’ in Gibraltar in the very near future.
Towards the end of the video, viewers are able to get a greater look at not only the aft deck, but also the impressive twin staircases which descend to the swim platform from both the port and starboard sides.
Her distinctive and eye-catching exterior has been designed in collaboration with the acclaimed Espen Oeino, marking the continued strength of an award-winning partnership which stretches back further than twenty years.
Tonnage wise, she will be the biggest in the world, with amazing features
Whilst her exterior profile has been heavily photographed leading up to her delivery, the interior design of motor yacht DILBAR remains something of a mystery.
Carried out by Andrew Winch, a British designer with a predilection for sharp and contemporary aesthetics, there’s every reason to believe that DILBAR possesses a similarly outstanding arrangement courtesy of the award-winning designer with a long history of working with Lurssen.
Indeed, his previous work on the 87m/285ft luxury yacht ACE and the 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Phoenix 2’ should leave little doubt about the wonders Winch and his team are capable of installing on larger yachts.
In order to find out more about Lurssen superyachts, and particularly those which are similar to M/Y DILBAR, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at yachts similar to DILBAR which are available for charter.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...