Between 2-8 September, Sardinia’s Porto Cervo saw exhilarating action from two international regatta events.
Last week, the Maxi Yacht Rolex Cup and the Rolex Maxi 72 World Championship commenced on the northern coast of Sardinia at Yacht Club Costa Smeralda.
A fleet of yachts took to the water to compete in thrilling races around the coastline of Porto Cervo, exhibiting quality performance and expert precision.
Yachts sliced through the water head-to-head through Bomb Alley, one of the most favoured locations for racing, and rounded the island of Spargi before heading back towards La Maddalena Archipelago.
In each class respectively, Momo, Topaz, Grande Horace, Lyra, Supernikka and H20 took home first place trophies.
One of the most remarkable victories came from the Wally 77 Lyra, whose scorline comprised five wins and two seconds, despite this being the first time her owner-driver has competed in a regatta.
A fleet of yachts took to the water to compete in thrilling races around the coastline of Porto Cervo
This year marks the 29th edition of the Maxi Yacht Rolex Cup, which hosted 41 yachts classified according to their technical abilities competing to take home various titles.
Now, between 9-16 September, a fleet of 115 Swan yachts will gather in Porto Cervo to celebrate the 20th edition of the Rolex Swan Cup.
A gem of the Mediterranean, Porto Cervo has long established its reputation as a superior destination for luxury yacht charters and regattas. Home to a fine selection of superyachts available for charter, Porto Cervo blends authentic Italian culture with the buzz of refined glamour and luxury.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...