The latest footage from the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 rounds up all the action from day three of the superyacht event, with a focus on the luxury area La Terrasse and the Concours d’Elegance parade.
A new area for 2016, La Terrasse is dedicated to luxury, elegance and lifestyle, and overlooks the old port and the 500 or so yachts lined up for the festival on one side, and Cannes Bay and the iconic Croisette boulevard on the other.
Exhibitors in the space include representatives from the automobile, watch, jewellery, couture and art industries, and all share the exclusivity, prestige and high-quality craftsmanship of the superyacht industry.
Indeed, day three of the Cannes Yachting Festival once again saw yachting professionals take in the 600-strong collection of boats being showcased across the French Riviera locations of the Vieux Port and the Port Pierre Canto, with new launches forming part of the line-up.
Day three also saw the second edition of the Concours d’Elegance parade, and the video footage perfectly captures the glamour and elegance of the competition as well as the historically rich setting of the town’s Vieux Port.
The unique display saw a varied selection of modern and vintage day-boats presented across the calm waters of Cannes by a crew of no more than four people, and many spectators admired the spectacle from the shore.
A glitzy award ceremony finished off the event in good form at the Cannes Yachting Festival’s VIP Club, and a number of awards were handed out by the show’s partners.
YachtCharterFleet are currently on the ground at the Cannes Yachting Festival, and will be providing updates and exclusive insights on the charter yachts in attendance as well as any relevant news and happenings.
The footage perfectly captures the glamour and elegance of the competition as well as the historically rich setting of the town’s Vieux Port
For further information on any of the charter yachts at the event, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter on the French Riviera.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...