The latest footage from the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 rounds up all the action from day three of the superyacht event, with a focus on the luxury area La Terrasse and the Concours d’Elegance parade.
A new area for 2016, La Terrasse is dedicated to luxury, elegance and lifestyle, and overlooks the old port and the 500 or so yachts lined up for the festival on one side, and Cannes Bay and the iconic Croisette boulevard on the other.
Exhibitors in the space include representatives from the automobile, watch, jewellery, couture and art industries, and all share the exclusivity, prestige and high-quality craftsmanship of the superyacht industry.
Indeed, day three of the Cannes Yachting Festival once again saw yachting professionals take in the 600-strong collection of boats being showcased across the French Riviera locations of the Vieux Port and the Port Pierre Canto, with new launches forming part of the line-up.
Day three also saw the second edition of the Concours d’Elegance parade, and the video footage perfectly captures the glamour and elegance of the competition as well as the historically rich setting of the town’s Vieux Port.
The unique display saw a varied selection of modern and vintage day-boats presented across the calm waters of Cannes by a crew of no more than four people, and many spectators admired the spectacle from the shore.
A glitzy award ceremony finished off the event in good form at the Cannes Yachting Festival’s VIP Club, and a number of awards were handed out by the show’s partners.
YachtCharterFleet are currently on the ground at the Cannes Yachting Festival, and will be providing updates and exclusive insights on the charter yachts in attendance as well as any relevant news and happenings.
The footage perfectly captures the glamour and elegance of the competition as well as the historically rich setting of the town’s Vieux Port
For further information on any of the charter yachts at the event, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter on the French Riviera.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...