VIDEO: Behind-the-Scenes on Feadship Motor Yacht ‘Blue Moon’
Newly released footage presented by American TV host Joan Lunden reveals what life is like behind closed doors on board the award-winning 60m/198ft superyacht ‘Blue Moon’.
Delivered by Feadship in 2005, Blue Moon is a fine display of the yard’s signature craftsmanship as well as the exquisite interior styling of Donald Starkey’s design house, and the video provides a fascinating glimpse of what it takes to upkeep and run a motor yacht of such calibre.
When the yacht is berthed in Florida, Joan Lunden is invited aboard for a delicious lunch on the sundeck with Captain Emile Bootsma. At the helm today, Bootmas commands an international crew of up to 15 and supervised Blue Moon throughout her construction at the Dutch shipyard.
As the footage shows, the deckhands and stewardesses work extremely hard to keep the exterior and interior areas respectively in the best possible condition. Indeed the Chief Stewardess’ motto is to “keep the boat looking immaculate at all times.”
Chef Victoria Adams is on hand for a chat too, showing off the glittering galley and explaining how she manages to prepare gourmet meals while at sea.
Lunden also gets a guided tour into the crew living areas and meets the engineers at work, learning some interesting facts about the charter yacht such as she is able to make up to 12 gallons of fresh water every day.
Viewers also get an insight into the yacht's sophisticated security setup and incredible self-sufficiency, which ensures the upmost safety when undertaking long passages across the ocean and when cruising on a yacht charter.
And for those undertaking a charter vacation on board luxury yacht Blue Moon, she is equipped with an extremely impressive selection of entertainment and leisure facilities as well as beautiful classically-styled living areas and luxe deck areas.
The video provides a fascinating glimpse of what it takes to upkeep and run a motor yacht of such calibre.
Among her highlights is a spacious sundeck complete with a Jacuzzi forward, a barbecue and wet bar, an alfresco dining area, multiple sunning opportunities and an observation lounge.
Alfresco dining can also be enjoyed on the upper deck aft thanks to removable floor-to-ceiling glass panels and guests can work out in a fully-equipped gymnasium before making the most of the many lounging options available.
The principal charterer will have the run of an expansive master suite, which stretches across the breath of the main deck forward and boasts a private gym, study and Jacuzzi tub.
The other accommodation comprises four guest cabins that can be converted into two VIP suites on the lower deck, and a double cabin on the upper deck.
More Yacht Information
Blue Moon Yacht For Charter
60m Feadship, 2005
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...