Newly released footage presented by American TV host Joan Lunden reveals what life is like behind closed doors on board the award-winning 60m/198ft superyacht ‘Blue Moon’.
Delivered by Feadship in 2005, Blue Moon is a fine display of the yard’s signature craftsmanship as well as the exquisite interior styling of Donald Starkey’s design house, and the video provides a fascinating glimpse of what it takes to upkeep and run a motor yacht of such calibre.
When the yacht is berthed in Florida, Joan Lunden is invited aboard for a delicious lunch on the sundeck with Captain Emile Bootsma. At the helm today, Bootmas commands an international crew of up to 15 and supervised Blue Moon throughout her construction at the Dutch shipyard.
As the footage shows, the deckhands and stewardesses work extremely hard to keep the exterior and interior areas respectively in the best possible condition. Indeed the Chief Stewardess’ motto is to “keep the boat looking immaculate at all times.”
Chef Victoria Adams is on hand for a chat too, showing off the glittering galley and explaining how she manages to prepare gourmet meals while at sea.
Lunden also gets a guided tour into the crew living areas and meets the engineers at work, learning some interesting facts about the charter yacht such as she is able to make up to 12 gallons of fresh water every day.
Viewers also get an insight into the yacht's sophisticated security setup and incredible self-sufficiency, which ensures the upmost safety when undertaking long passages across the ocean and when cruising on a yacht charter.
And for those undertaking a charter vacation on board luxury yacht Blue Moon, she is equipped with an extremely impressive selection of entertainment and leisure facilities as well as beautiful classically-styled living areas and luxe deck areas.
The video provides a fascinating glimpse of what it takes to upkeep and run a motor yacht of such calibre.
Among her highlights is a spacious sundeck complete with a Jacuzzi forward, a barbecue and wet bar, an alfresco dining area, multiple sunning opportunities and an observation lounge.
Alfresco dining can also be enjoyed on the upper deck aft thanks to removable floor-to-ceiling glass panels and guests can work out in a fully-equipped gymnasium before making the most of the many lounging options available.
The principal charterer will have the run of an expansive master suite, which stretches across the breath of the main deck forward and boasts a private gym, study and Jacuzzi tub.
The other accommodation comprises four guest cabins that can be converted into two VIP suites on the lower deck, and a double cabin on the upper deck.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...