Back in July when TIS could be partially seen at the Lurssen yard suspicions arose that the finished superyacht would differ from the sleek drawings that were previously released in 2014. Today we can see the new build is far more classic in design.
In the renderings, the hull was defined by clean, sharp lines but now its sheer line has a more pronounced curve and there are unexpected cutaways in the amidships section.
Likewise, the superstructure departs from the drawings. The dark glazing isn’t continuous and the helipad has been moved from the forward to the aft section of the sundeck. This is in addition to a second helipad which has remained on the foredeck.
This is another great example of how Lurssen successfully manage to keep their projects secret right up until the launch in order to retain their client’s privacy.
The superyacht was last seen on Germany’s Nord-Ostee Canal where work continues. Sea trials will begin shortly before she will be delivered to her owner later this year.
No pictures of the interior of the superyacht have been released as of yet but it has been confirmed that TIS has been designed by British studio Andrew Winch Design for a family-orientated owner.
Lurssen is extremely successful at keeping its projects under lock and key and has once again managed to keep the industry guessing until the end
The motor yacht will house a very generous interior volume spread over six decks. One deck is expected to be dedicated to the owner, with up to 22 guests able to be accommodated in a further 11 cabins.
Key highlights include a 12-metre swimming pool, a resort-style spa in the aft section of the yacht and palatial staircases unlike anything seen afloat to date.
M/Y TIS is not expected to be available for charter. But, for more details on renting a Lurssen superyacht, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all Lurssen superyachts available for charter.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...