The 26th edition of the Monaco Yacht Show officially opened in Port Hercules this morning, with some 40 new launches unveiled for their world premiere.
The eagerly-awaited event is now in full swing as a fine selection of the world’s most desirable superyachts line up in the Monaco port and the spectacular sight is perfectly captured on the newly released video above.
Across the next four days, 125 superyachts are expected to grace the waters of Port Hercules, with more than 50 charter yachts among those planning to attend.
Last night (Tuesday 28 September), 400 guests attended the show’s opening gala evening at Monaco’s five-star Hotel Hermitage. Incorporated into the glitzy event was the third edition of the Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards, which saw prizes presented to superyachts exhibited at the show.
The four categories included The MYS/Rina Award for the eco-friendliest yacht, the Award for the Finest New Superyacht, the Interior Design Award and the Exterior Design award.
Yacht charters were high up on the agenda at the Monaco Yacht Summit, which also took place yesterday on the eve of the show. Attended by an audience of privileged guests, the meeting explored the advantages of chartering a yacht either as a new experience or before investing in a vessel.
Charter yachts not to be missed at the show include the 73m/238ft superyacht ‘Coral Ocean’. An iconic 1994-build from Lurssen, she underwent upgrades over the winter at the German shipyard and is now on the charter market.
Known for her clean lines and Polynesian-themed styling from Jon Bannenberg, her interior spaces have remained shrouded in much secrecy since her launch 12 years ago, yet visitors to the show will be lucky enough to discover them first hand.
Also berthed in Port Hercules for the event is the award-winning 63m/207ft superyacht 11-11, delivered by Benetti in 2015 and open for selective charters. Distinguished by her dynamic, axe-bow, she boasts a striking contemporary Art Deco-style interior enhanced with artwork from Tracey Emin and ample amenities.
One of the largest and most highly-anticipated yachts on show is the award-winning 86m/295ft superyacht SOLANDGE. Another Lurssen build, the 2013 charter yacht is spectacular with lines penned by Espen Oeino, an interior by Rodriguez Interior and Dolker&Voges, and a huge list of luxurious amenities.
Charter yachts not to be missed at the show include the 73m/238ft superyacht ‘Coral Ocean’, an iconic 1994-build from Lurssen
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...