Keen to get straight to the heart of the action, the team at YachtCharterFleet headed out to the opening of this year’s Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show yesterday morning.
Stepping on board one of the largest motor yachts attending the show, the team walked the 73m/238ft motor yacht CLOUDBREAK and got to take a look at her Bell429 helicopter sat on her fully-certified helideck- a rare feature to find on a charter yacht.
Sat immediately ahead of the 64m/208ft expedition yacht SURI, the award-winning superyacht was kept in very good company, and both superyachts drew admiring glances from onlookers.
Another superyacht currently attracting plenty of attention in Florida is the privately owned 66m/217ft motor yacht VANISH from Dutch icons Feadship. Berthed close to the other privately owned 50m/163ft luxury yacht HOME, there’s no question that the show is very much a sight to behold.
A further highlight was the International Superyacht Society (ISS) Awards hosted in the evening. With charter yachts storming to victory in two of the most prestigious categories, the 86m/281ft motor yacht AQUILA won the award for best refit, whilst the 49m/160ft motor yacht CHASSEUR won the title of ‘Best Design’ in the category for yachts between 40-65m.
With both CHASSEUR and her sister ship, the 50m/164ft luxury yacht ‘Silver Lining’, on display at FLIBS, guests will be able to take a look at the newly crowned champion until Sunday.
With some of the world’s finest superyachts going on display, and a number of awards being handed out, FLIBS 2017 has gotten off to a blinding start
Sure to keep up the momentum of the opening day, a range of demonstrations are scheduled to take place across the various show spaces across the following days, allowing visitors to get an insight into the very best parts of the superyacht lifestyle.
There is also a series of seminars set to take place, all aiming to tackle some of the biggest issues facing the superyacht and charter industries.
To keep up to the minute with all of the action taking place at FLIBS2017, be sure to keep an eye on our livestream of the best Instagram posts from the event.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...