Running from 2nd-6th October 2013, the 53rd Genoa International Boat Show has revealed a new calendar schedule, a pioneering layout, a range of exhibition areas and new services.
“The Genoa Boat Show 2013 will be very different from its previous editions”, commented the show organisers. “What you will see this year is an evolution of the show, starting from its “container”, which has been totally redesigned to create a new way of visiting and enjoying the show. Building on its fifty years’ experience and a constructive exchange with the interested parties, the event now aims to be more in touch with reality and, we believe, more effective, in terms of venue and exhibition design and layout, as well as calendar schedule”.
Senior executives from Fiera di Genova and Ucina explain, “The evolution of the event has been planned after listening to and investigating the issues raised and the points made by several parties already from the end of last year’s show. A listening exercise which was conducted by Ucina, through direct communication with yacht builders and exhibitors, and by Fiera di Genova, through a survey with visitors and operators. This and much more input information was used to redesign the show, in a manner that would better respond to the market’s new requirements, with the aim to maintain the event’s leadership status.”
This years yacht show will see a number of changes. To begin with, it will occur at the beginning of the month, a change designed to fit in better with the yachting industry’s international events calendar. Also, the duration of the show has been shortened to just five days from the previous nine, a direct response to preference expressed by exhibitors, who would prefer to concentrate the event over less days in order to focus interest.
The layout of the Genoa Yacht Show has also been altered and will see many more yachts displayed directly on the water. The displays will be organised to incorporate new product categories and will be divided into areas of interest and contents. There may also be the opportunity to take part in interactive and sea test trials.
New exhibition areas will focus on the main trends in the yachting industry: the Sea Experience area in the Sea Pavilion (Padiglione del Mare) will be dedicated to yacht toys and accessories, the Power Village area in the uncovered space by the Marina 1 Square (Piazzale Marina 1) will be dedicated to marine engines and the Boat Discovery area will provide visitors with all they need to make their first yacht purchase.
In addition to the above, the exhibition areas from previous years will make a reappearance, including Sailing World, dedicated to sailing yachs in Marina 1, the Motorboats area, showcasing motor yachts from 12 metres to maxiyachts, and the Tech Trade area in Pavilion B (Padiglione B), upper floor, dedicated to accessories, components and electronic cruising instruments.
There will also be a new parking area for exhibitors with more than 200 spaces and up to four new F&B outlets, bringing the total number of restaurants to 13. There wil be discounted online ticketing, improved wireless networking to enable Wi-Fi connection throughout the show, new signposting and newly-refurbished relaxation areas, including an eco-friendly one made entirely of recycled materials.
The organisers have strived to create a constant and open relationship with Genoa itself, able to offer a variety of initiatives outside the show in addition to a range of special tourist promotions.
For more information on the Genoa Boat Show get in touch with your preferred yacht charter broker.
For more information about event charters, visit our Event Yacht Charter guide.
...the event now aims to be more in touch with reality and, we believe, more effective, in terms of venue and exhibition design and layout, as well as calendar schedule.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...