The first of Damen’s updated YS 5009 line, Fast & Furious was launched from the shipyard’s Gorinchem facilities in Holland earlier this year, and will be appearing in Monaco with a submersible, dive equipment, tenders and a full array of toys.
Support vessels are an emerging trend on the superyacht market as Owners begin to recognise the potential of these vessels to extend the capabilities and capacity of their mother yachts, and it is expected that there will soon be an increasing number of support vessels joining the charter market too.
Indeed, Fast & Furious’ presence will demonstrate the many advantages of a yacht support vessel, which include extra cabins for staff, improved logistics thanks to fully-certified helipads, and the capacity to carry bigger tenders as well as more water toys, provisions and spare parts.
Support vessels can likewise provide added security and privacy as they have room to accommodate specialist security personnel, deterrents and state-of-the-art control centres to track activity in the surrounding waters and locate intruders.
More specifically, the YS 5009 series offers 900% more deck space, 30 metres of free deck length and room for 12 extra staff.
Plus, Damen’s custom configuration service offers the chance to tailor-make deck layouts and add features such as dive stores, decompression chambers and aircraft carriers.
There is also a range of interior finishes to choose from, with the opportunity to match the crew accommodation on the mother yacht.
Support vessels can provide added security and privacy too as they have room to accommodate specialist security personnel, deterrents and state-of-the-art control centres
It is not yet confirmed if support vessel Fast & Furious or any of her sister ships will be available for charter.
Watch our video of VANTAGE and AD-VANTAGE cruising alongside each other to find out more about the duo.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...