The first of Damen’s updated YS 5009 line, Fast & Furious was launched from the shipyard’s Gorinchem facilities in Holland earlier this year, and will be appearing in Monaco with a submersible, dive equipment, tenders and a full array of toys.
Support vessels are an emerging trend on the superyacht market as Owners begin to recognise the potential of these vessels to extend the capabilities and capacity of their mother yachts, and it is expected that there will soon be an increasing number of support vessels joining the charter market too.
Indeed, Fast & Furious’ presence will demonstrate the many advantages of a yacht support vessel, which include extra cabins for staff, improved logistics thanks to fully-certified helipads, and the capacity to carry bigger tenders as well as more water toys, provisions and spare parts.
Support vessels can likewise provide added security and privacy as they have room to accommodate specialist security personnel, deterrents and state-of-the-art control centres to track activity in the surrounding waters and locate intruders.
More specifically, the YS 5009 series offers 900% more deck space, 30 metres of free deck length and room for 12 extra staff.
Plus, Damen’s custom configuration service offers the chance to tailor-make deck layouts and add features such as dive stores, decompression chambers and aircraft carriers.
There is also a range of interior finishes to choose from, with the opportunity to match the crew accommodation on the mother yacht.
Support vessels can provide added security and privacy too as they have room to accommodate specialist security personnel, deterrents and state-of-the-art control centres
It is not yet confirmed if support vessel Fast & Furious or any of her sister ships will be available for charter.
Watch our video of VANTAGE and AD-VANTAGE cruising alongside each other to find out more about the duo.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...