Some of the world’s most impressive superyachts jostled for a coveted berth in Yas Marina over the weekend to take in the highly exhilarating action of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
In an extremely tense finish to the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship, Nico Rosberg secured his first ever F1 world title with a second-place finish despite race-winner Lewis Hamilton driving slowly in an attempt to bring other drivers into battle, knowing he needed his team mate to finish below third.
Adding to the glamour and excitement of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was a magnificent fleet of superyachts docked in the marina. And, as the Yas Marina Circuit wraps its way around Yas Island, yacht-goers were treated to unparalleled views of the nail-biting action.
The 74m/241ft charter yacht MOGAMBO from Nobiskrug, for example, was in a prime position to watch Sunday’s racing, which got underway at dusk and unfolded to be one of the most thrilling finals in Formula 1 history.
Highly-exclusive, the 2012-build takes its name from an African word meaning ‘the greatest’ and, fittingly, boasts an understated African fusion of materials put together by British firm Reymond Langton Design.
As well as a striking interior she boasts a beach club with spa, sauna and beauty salon, a cinema room and alfresco movie night setup on the sundeck, a plethora of the latest water toys and ample deck areas offering the very best in luxurious outdoor living.
Also in attendance was the 73m/240ft charter yacht TITANIA from Lurssen. When not taking in the racing, guests could make the most of her spa and massage facilities or unwind in the swimming pool, complete with swim-up bar.
She also boasts an opulent, classically styled interior by Francois Zuretti, as well as a fully dedicated dive room and inflatable water park, providing charterers with hours of fun when away from the track.
Adding to the glamour and excitement of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016 was a magnificent fleet of superyachts
Of a similar length, Alstom’s 71m/235ft charter yacht KOGO was likewise spotted in Abu Dhabi over the weekend. Indeed, with her powerful and striking exterior, she was hard not to spot lined up in the Yas Marina and she continues to wow with her Terence Disdale interior.
Oriental in style, the living areas exude a zen-like ambience suitable both for relaxing and entertaining. Yet the ultimate place for a party is on her upper deck helipad that converts into an outdoor stage and dance floor.
The 59m/195ft charter yacht MEAMINA was playing host to a group of race spectators too. A 2009-build from Benetti, she features sophisticated styling, and highlights such as a self-playing piano, a resident personal trainer and expansive deck areas including a huge swim platform.
Another Benetti in attendance was the 50m/163ft charter yacht ‘Code 8’, while the 47m/154ft charter yacht ‘Desert Rose’ was unmissable lined up in the harbour thanks to her large aft deck swimming and huge sundeck, perfect for taking in the adrenaline-fueled racing.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...