Some of the world’s most impressive superyachts jostled for a coveted berth in Yas Marina over the weekend to take in the highly exhilarating action of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
In an extremely tense finish to the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship, Nico Rosberg secured his first ever F1 world title with a second-place finish despite race-winner Lewis Hamilton driving slowly in an attempt to bring other drivers into battle, knowing he needed his team mate to finish below third.
Adding to the glamour and excitement of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was a magnificent fleet of superyachts docked in the marina. And, as the Yas Marina Circuit wraps its way around Yas Island, yacht-goers were treated to unparalleled views of the nail-biting action.
The 74m/241ft charter yacht MOGAMBO from Nobiskrug, for example, was in a prime position to watch Sunday’s racing, which got underway at dusk and unfolded to be one of the most thrilling finals in Formula 1 history.
Highly-exclusive, the 2012-build takes its name from an African word meaning ‘the greatest’ and, fittingly, boasts an understated African fusion of materials put together by British firm Reymond Langton Design.
As well as a striking interior she boasts a beach club with spa, sauna and beauty salon, a cinema room and alfresco movie night setup on the sundeck, a plethora of the latest water toys and ample deck areas offering the very best in luxurious outdoor living.
Also in attendance was the 73m/240ft charter yacht TITANIA from Lurssen. When not taking in the racing, guests could make the most of her spa and massage facilities or unwind in the swimming pool, complete with swim-up bar.
She also boasts an opulent, classically styled interior by Francois Zuretti, as well as a fully dedicated dive room and inflatable water park, providing charterers with hours of fun when away from the track.
Adding to the glamour and excitement of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016 was a magnificent fleet of superyachts
Of a similar length, Alstom’s 71m/235ft charter yacht KOGO was likewise spotted in Abu Dhabi over the weekend. Indeed, with her powerful and striking exterior, she was hard not to spot lined up in the Yas Marina and she continues to wow with her Terence Disdale interior.
Oriental in style, the living areas exude a zen-like ambience suitable both for relaxing and entertaining. Yet the ultimate place for a party is on her upper deck helipad that converts into an outdoor stage and dance floor.
The 59m/195ft charter yacht MEAMINA was playing host to a group of race spectators too. A 2009-build from Benetti, she features sophisticated styling, and highlights such as a self-playing piano, a resident personal trainer and expansive deck areas including a huge swim platform.
Another Benetti in attendance was the 50m/163ft charter yacht ‘Code 8’, while the 47m/154ft charter yacht ‘Desert Rose’ was unmissable lined up in the harbour thanks to her large aft deck swimming and huge sundeck, perfect for taking in the adrenaline-fueled racing.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- S/Y AQUIJO to charter in Papua New GuineaThe award-winning 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO has announced she will be chartering around the captivating cruising g...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...