The 63m/208ft expedition yacht SuRi from Halter Marine is the latest charter yacht to star in a Hollywood movie and cinema-goers will be able to catch her on the big screen when ‘Mechanic: Resurrection’ is released on August 26th.
A sequel to the 2011 film ‘The Mechanic’, the thriller sees English actor Jason Statham reprise the role of Arthur Bishop who, in the latest offering, must assassinate three people on three different continents, making each look like an accident, to save the love of his life.
Filming began back in November 2014 in Thailand and a number of scenes were shot aboard SuRi, secured for the shoot thanks to yacht-consultancy agency Yacht Solutions.
The role she serves has so far remained under wraps, but Gareth Twist, managing director of Yachts Solution, revealed back in 2014 that fight scenes were staged on her sundeck and a quick glimpse of the yacht can be caught in the movie’s two-minute-long trailer.
However, audiences will have to catch the movie in full when it is released in cinemas worldwide on August 26th to find out more.
Purpose built as an expedition yacht by the American yard in 1978, SuRi underwent a major transformation in 2012, bringing her up to date for the charter market.
Today she offers thrill-seekers and their families the unique combination of adventure, luxury and an unrivalled collection of water toys and, currently based in the exotic island-chain of Fiji, she is available for charters across the South Pacific.
As well as water toys ranging from Jet Skis, Flyboards and kayaks to scuba diving and fishing equipment, she also boasts a whole of host of fitness equipment, bikes for on-land exploration and, available at an extra cost, a helicopter and seaplane.
Other highlights include a spectacular underwater viewing lounge, a media centre, a massage and steam room, a panoramic observation salon, contemporary yet comfortable styling throughout the living areas, a sundeck Jacuzzi, and multiple lounging and dining options inside and out.
Superyacht SuRi offers thrill-seekers and their families the unique combination of adventure, luxury and an unrivalled collection of water toys
From worldwide adventurer to film star, she shares the screen with other big names in the world of film including Jessica Alba and Tommy Lee Jones.
For further information on chartering M/Y SuRi, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...