Originally launched in 1973 as HMAS Flinders for the Australian Navy, Plan B has since transformed into the luxury yacht she is today. Since her refit in 2011, she has circumnavigated the globe three times, taking charter guests to some of the remotest corners of the ocean.
Engineered for blue water cruising, she is an ideal choice and one of the only superyachts available for a charter vacation in the beautifully desolate waters of Patagonia, which encompasses the dramatic and mysterious coastline of Chile and Argentina in South America.
Discerning travellers aboard Plan B will be able to take in penguin-only inhabited islands, glacier-laden coasts, and striking backdrops of the wondrous Andes mountain range. Indeed, she offers the chance for yacht-goers to truly get off the beaten track.
The sublime region offers a multitude of once-in-a-lifetime activities to enjoy. Whale watch off Puerto Madryn, step ashore for glacier hiking in the Tierra del Duego National Park, go wine tasting in Santa Cruz and get up close to penguins at the Cabos Dos Bahias nature reserve.
After a busy day exploring the amazing sights of Patagonia, guests can retreat into the comfort of expedition yacht Plan B. Styled by New Zealand-based Tracey Barnier-Willis Design, the living areas boast a unique, urban-inspired ambience which radiates understated luxury.
Dark woods and industrial steel accents combine with sensuous fabrics in warm, natural hues while the generous exterior spaces boast beautiful Polynesian pieces and styling, with a selection of partial enclosures offering protection from the elements yet still enabling incredible views of the awe-inspiring landscape.
The living areas boast a unique, urban-inspired ambience which radiates understated luxury
Highlights include a fully-equipped gymnasium, a massage room, a large spa pool, a helipad, ample options for lounging and entertaining in the interior, and a huge aft deck equipped for dining, social gatherings and an alfresco cinema setup for movie nights under the stars.
The exceptional styling continues into the five staterooms, which consist of a master suite, two double cabins that convert into twins and two twin cabins, each with a Pullman. In total, she can sleep up to 12 guests.
There is also a huge array of water toys aboard the expedition yacht, including scuba diving equipment, Jet Skis, kayaks, wakeboards, water skis, and a selection of towable and inflatable toys.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...