A country of unspoilt splendour, verdant landscapes and pristine coral reefs, Papua New Guinea is the lesser-explored gem of the South Pacific’s crown.
Its distinct tribal culture and raw natural beauty makes it perfectly primed for a luxury yacht charter adventure; and fortunately, more superyachts are heading to Papua New Guinea to explore everything that this colourful destination has to offer.
One such superyacht is AQUIJO, the world’s largest ketch. A collaborative effort between two prestigious Dutch shipyards, Oceanco and Vitters, the result is an extremely high-performance sailing yacht which boasts a range of luxurious amenities to transport guests around the South Pacific in complete comfort and style.
A superyacht of this calibre is rarely available in Papua New Guinea, so the opportunity to charter her this summer should not be passed up. While on board, guests can expect to experience the finest in outdoor living, coupled with elegant and contemporary interiors courtesy of German design studio Dölker + Voges.
Papua New Guinea's distinct tribal culture and raw natural beauty makes it perfectly primed for a luxury yacht charter adventure;
Among the yacht’s stand-out features is her aft deck beach club, which volunteers spa facilities, a steam room and sauna. Forward, there is also a hot tub which benefits from an infusion of natural light thanks to glass ceiling panels in the deck above, alongside a stylish interior lounging area, gym equipment and a swim platform which provides easy access to the turquoise ocean.
As the day winds down, guests will find the expansive main deck aft is well-suited to evening entertainment. Guests can sample drinks from the bar, recline on cream sofas or dine at a 24-seat table below a retractable skylight.
Accommodation is provided for 12 guests across seven cabins, which provides a configuration of one master, three VIPs, two doubles, one twin and one convertible. The master cabin is particularly impressive, with a private portion of deck which offers an alfresco breakfast bar and dining table.
As a finishing touch, charterers can indulge in a treasure chest of state-of-the-art water toys, which will make exploring the flourishing coral reefs and ancient shipwrecks of Papua New Guinea particularly enjoyable.
AQUIJO is the world's largest ketch, and is an extremely high-performance sailing yacht.
Furthermore, the region’s tropical climes can be enjoyed from the panoramic sun deck, which is dominated by sleek wrap-around sofa seating, with a jacuzzi bordered by an inviting spread of sun pads and a swim-up bar sitting in the middle of the space.
A truly superb addition to the international charter fleet, sailing yacht AQUIJO will provide an incredible yacht charter vacation in Papua New Guinea. Alive with culture, this region promises the opportunity to visit native tribes and watch their traditional dance performances, and venture through thick jungle terrains.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...