St Kitts and Nevis Enjoy Huge Increase in Superyacht Charters
St Kitts and Nevis have reported an increase of approximately 60% in the number of luxury yachts visiting the Caribbean islands over the last 3 years, largely on behalf of their new superyacht marina in Christopher Harbour.
Located on the south end of St Kitts, figures show the island hosted 134 superyachts surpassing the 100 feet/30 metre mark last season at Christopher Harbour, with the harbour's new 2,500-acre facilities hosting 46 yachts over 80 feet since its inauguration in February.
This report indicates positivity for St Kitts and Nevis, as it seeks to establish itself as a leading destination to visit on a Caribbean charter itinerary, which could also incorporate a visit to Antigua or St Barts. The numbers match the expected 20-percent annual growth of the superyacht industry in St Kitts and Nevis.
Able to accommodate vessels of up to 318 feet/97 metres, the $100 million marina was founded by S/Y 'Andromeda la Dea' owner Buddy Darby and currently has 24 berths for vessels measuring between 147 feet/45 metres and 220 feet/67 metres.
The marina features a professionally-engineered entry and turning basin, with a designated point of entry allowing for onsite-expedited clearance and has recently developed a luxury shore-side village with a private beach club, al fresco dining and beach facilities, and pool.
The island boasts exceptional unspoiled beauty and offers advantages including significantly lower bunkering costs (due to the lack of duties on the import or sale of fuel), 24/7 security, provisioning services and state-of-the-art pedestals.
Alternatively, browse all superyachts available for charter in the Caribbean to find the ideal vessel for your next vacation.
figures show the island hosted 134 superyachts surpassing the 100 feet mark last season
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE FOR CHARTER IN ST KITTS & NEVIS:
New Hampshire Yacht For Charter
62m Feadship, 2005 / 2014
Mondango 3 Yacht For Charter
56m Alloy Yachts, 2014
Ohana Yacht For Charter
50m Fitzroy, 2012
Scorpion Yacht For Charter
46m Sanlorenzo, 2015
At Last Yacht For Charter
44m Heesen, 1990 / 2014
Unbridled Yacht For Charter
35m Crescent Yachts, 1994 / 2015
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...