Now entering its 12th edition, the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta will be bringing more fast-paced racing action to the northern coast of Sardinia between 3 - 8 June.
Nineteen sailing yachts are set to race in the prestigious Italian regatta, which includes a variety of competitive circuits around the iconic La Maddalena archipelago, off Costa Smeralda in the Porto Cervo area.
While competition is stiff, spectators and participants will enjoy friendly camaraderie and a rich social programme at the event, which is being organised by Yacht Club Costa Smeralda (YCCS) in collaboration with title sponsor Loro Piana.
There are several charter yachts competing in this year’s regatta. Among them, 35m/115ft charter yacht SHAMANNA is hoping to take home the gold, and she stands a good chance thanks to her innovative hull shape and plumb bow created by Nautor’s Swan.
Racing alongside her will be Alloy Yachts’ 2008 build, the 52m/170ft sailing yacht Q. This award-winning ketch is a proven racer, but also offers those undertaking a regatta charter the finest in luxury living, with plenty of modern amenities.
Spectators and participants will enjoy friendly camaraderie and a rich social programme at the regatta.
Other yachts on the line-up include former Perini Navi Cup winner, the 50m/163ft superyacht SILENCIO. She will be going head to head with a 1915 build, the 42m/138ft schooner yacht ‘Mariette of 1915’. With last year’s winner of the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta, ‘My Song’ now unfortunately out of the running, this year’s competition will be fierce.
The 12th edition is a year of firsts for the regatta; 2019 marks the first time that multihulls over 50 feet are able to participate, and it will also be the first time the regatta introduces a five-day racing format to account for any races which need to be rescheduled.
Set against the beautiful backdrop of Costa Smeralda’s sandy beaches and famous turquoise-green Tyrrhenian waters, the regatta highlights the blissful cruising grounds which can be explored on an Italy yacht charter.
The event also takes place in close proximity to Porto Cervo, a certified superyacht hub and luxury hotspot replete with upscale shopping opportunities and chic bars and restaurants.
Anyone involved in the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta should take a look at our top things to see and do on a superyacht charter in Sardinia.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.