Bringing together a sparkling showcase of superyachts, the Monaco Yacht Show was hailed a success as industry players spent four days discovering the latest launches, concepts and innovations in the world of yachting.
From day one, there was an infectious buzz in the air as the boardwalks appeared to be busier than in previous years. CEOs of the top brokerage houses, whom YachtCharterFleet spoke to, shared these sentiments, with the majority claiming there to be more serious buyers in attendance too.
Official figures concerning footfall are yet to be confirmed, however. Plus, brokers will not know whether or not the show has been good for business until further down the line once deals have been made and the money is in the bank.
The talk of the show was undoubtedly Oceanco’s superyacht JUBILEE which, at an impressive 110 metres, is the largest yacht to ever attend the event. She made her debut alongside 45 other new launches but was the one to catch the judges’ attention at the Monaco Yacht Show Awards, where she picked up two awards.
The prize-giving was held as part of an inaugural official ceremony, which kick started four days and nights of festivities and also saw the 52m/171ft charter yacht ‘Seven Sins’ and the 50m/163ft motor yacht HOME come away with an award each. Read JUBILEE Wins ‘Yacht of the Year’ for more details.
Undertaking a series of detailed tours, the editorial team at YachtCharterFleet took the opportunity to gather exclusive information and images for forthcoming yacht reviews.
One of the most memorable moments at the show was getting the chance to look around the brand new 67m/219ft superyacht SEASENSE from Benetti. The originality of her outdoor areas, including a 10-metre-long swimming pool on her aft deck, is truly revolutionary. Find out more in SEASENSE is Unveiled at the MYS 2017.
Similarly, being shown around the 77m/254ft expedition yacht LEGEND was a real eye-opener. Her sheer scale, long-list of water toys and beautifully appointed interior, as well as her go-anywhere cruising capabilities, are outstanding.
Other new builds YachtCharterFleet was invited aboard included sisterships from Overmarine’s Mangusta 165 line: the 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Black Legend’ and the 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Da Vinci’, the latter of which is now available for charter.
The 50m/164ft superyacht VERTIGE from Tanoka Yachts also welcomed the team on board, who can now vouch for the new build’s suitability for the charter market. Prioritising outdoor living, she boasts a large sundeck which, with a Jacuzzi, bar and sound system, ensures 24-hour entertainment.
Plus, there were 580 exhibitors and a brand new exhibition area devoted entirely to the latest luxury tenders and water toys on the market. This is in response to a demand from a new, younger superyacht clientele for whom entertainment is one of the leading criteria in the choice to buy or charter yacht.
Look at the exhibitors in action in our selection of the best stand photos at the MYS 2017, while see the social side of the show and check out who is who in the world of yachting in the best people and party photos at the MYS 2017.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- S/Y AQUIJO to charter in Papua New GuineaThe award-winning 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO has announced she will be chartering around the captivating cruising g...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...