The aeronautical display was the Red Arrow’s last fixture in the RAF’s highly successful centenary season and has gone down as one of the most memorable moments from this year’s yacht show.
Organised by UK shipyard Pendennis, the striking performance on 27 September was the pinnacle of their 30th-anniversary celebrations which also included the launch of the 42m/139ft sailing yacht VIJONARA.
The custom built sloop is the second in the yard’s Truly Classic 128 series and merges traditional Hoek design with high-performance technology, as visitors to the Monaco Yacht Show discovered when visiting the new build on Port Hercules’ Quai Chicane.
VIJONARA was one of around 120 world-class superyachts berthed in the marina, with even more high-profile vessels at anchor off the coast. This incredible setting made the Red Arrows display even more magical than usual with many attendees sharing snippets of the performance on social media.
The Instagram gallery above showcases the Red Arrows against the backdrop of some of the best yachts lined up in Port Hercules. These included the 77m/253ft superyacht GO from Turquoise with her eye-catching blue hull and Oceanco’s 89m/290ft superyacht BARBARA.
Squadron Leader Martin Pert even posted an image he took mid-flight on his Instagram feed (see below left) and it’s clear he had a fantastic aerial view of the Monaco Yacht Show.
After the display, the Red Arrows team joined a number of on-land engagements, such as the launch of the new H135 from Airbus Helicopters, and were easily recognisable thanks to their bright red flight suits.
They were even seen strolling along the boardwalks and stayed on until the evening experiencing the after-hours entertainment which has become a key part of the iconic yachting event.
It was the fourth time that the Red Arrows had performed in partnership with Pendennis at the event in a continued show of support for the British superyacht industry.
Wing Commander Andrew Keith said: “Key roles of the Red Arrows include supporting the UK industry and promoting engineering excellence across the globe. As such, the Monaco Yacht Show is a strong opportunity to help highlight UK expertise and technology.”
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...