Oil Slick Dissolves To Ensure A Promising Summer For The Italian Riviera
Concerns surrounding an oil slick close to the Italian Riviera have been resolved today as it was announced by Genoa’s commander of port that a recent spell of heavy rain has helped to dissolve the threat.
Following a series of images taken from a satellite last week, the mile long oil slick seemingly headed for the Italian Riviera has thankfully dispersed.
Giovanni Pettorino, the official responsible for overseeing the cleanup was reported as confirming that ‘the situation in the waters between Genoa and the French border has significantly improved’.
Through both treatment and exposure to strong weather conditions, the environmental repercussions will be far more minimal than was once feared, and there is no reason to suggest that travel plans to the area should be at all affected.
Obviously, such news will be warmly received by those looking to get out and experience some of the finest destinations in the Mediterranean over this year’s summer charter season.
Indeed, with an array of scenic coastlines and a range of leading luxury resorts, Italy and its surrounding waters make for an ideal choice for a charter vacation.
With a long history of welcoming superyachts to its waters, the Italian Riviera offers a wealth of opportunities to the modern charterer
Combining a rich tapestry of architecture with more modern facilities and boutiques, it’s no surprise that Italy continues to attract the latest motor yachts and more traditional sailing yachts to its cruising grounds.
Due to its proximity to other leading destinations in the Mediterranean, the activities on offer are of the kind which has earned the region such an unrivalled reputation in the superyachting world.
What’s more, with an internationally adored cuisine and a coffee culture which has been adopted the world over, visitors can expect to be treated to only the very best.
In order to find out more about the possibilities for a luxury vacation along the Italian Riviera, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter in the Mediterranean.
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...