Concerns surrounding an oil slick close to the Italian Riviera have been resolved today as it was announced by Genoa’s commander of port that a recent spell of heavy rain has helped to dissolve the threat.
Following a series of images taken from a satellite last week, the mile long oil slick seemingly headed for the Italian Riviera has thankfully dispersed.
Giovanni Pettorino, the official responsible for overseeing the cleanup was reported as confirming that ‘the situation in the waters between Genoa and the French border has significantly improved’.
Through both treatment and exposure to strong weather conditions, the environmental repercussions will be far more minimal than was once feared, and there is no reason to suggest that travel plans to the area should be at all affected.
Obviously, such news will be warmly received by those looking to get out and experience some of the finest destinations in the Mediterranean over this year’s summer charter season.
Indeed, with an array of scenic coastlines and a range of leading luxury resorts, Italy and its surrounding waters make for an ideal choice for a charter vacation.
With a long history of welcoming superyachts to its waters, the Italian Riviera offers a wealth of opportunities to the modern charterer
Combining a rich tapestry of architecture with more modern facilities and boutiques, it’s no surprise that Italy continues to attract the latest motor yachts and more traditional sailing yachts to its cruising grounds.
Due to its proximity to other leading destinations in the Mediterranean, the activities on offer are of the kind which has earned the region such an unrivalled reputation in the superyachting world.
What’s more, with an internationally adored cuisine and a coffee culture which has been adopted the world over, visitors can expect to be treated to only the very best.
In order to find out more about the possibilities for a luxury vacation along the Italian Riviera, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter in the Mediterranean.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...