Concerns surrounding an oil slick close to the Italian Riviera have been resolved today as it was announced by Genoa’s commander of port that a recent spell of heavy rain has helped to dissolve the threat.
Following a series of images taken from a satellite last week, the mile long oil slick seemingly headed for the Italian Riviera has thankfully dispersed.
Giovanni Pettorino, the official responsible for overseeing the cleanup was reported as confirming that ‘the situation in the waters between Genoa and the French border has significantly improved’.
Through both treatment and exposure to strong weather conditions, the environmental repercussions will be far more minimal than was once feared, and there is no reason to suggest that travel plans to the area should be at all affected.
Obviously, such news will be warmly received by those looking to get out and experience some of the finest destinations in the Mediterranean over this year’s summer charter season.
Indeed, with an array of scenic coastlines and a range of leading luxury resorts, Italy and its surrounding waters make for an ideal choice for a charter vacation.
With a long history of welcoming superyachts to its waters, the Italian Riviera offers a wealth of opportunities to the modern charterer
Combining a rich tapestry of architecture with more modern facilities and boutiques, it’s no surprise that Italy continues to attract the latest motor yachts and more traditional sailing yachts to its cruising grounds.
Due to its proximity to other leading destinations in the Mediterranean, the activities on offer are of the kind which has earned the region such an unrivalled reputation in the superyachting world.
What’s more, with an internationally adored cuisine and a coffee culture which has been adopted the world over, visitors can expect to be treated to only the very best.
In order to find out more about the possibilities for a luxury vacation along the Italian Riviera, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter in the Mediterranean.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...
- New M/Y ‘Liquid Sky’ Joins Global Charter FleetThe newly launched 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’ is the latest addition to the charter market and will be availabl...
- Charter Yacht SKYLER Wins ‘Best of the Best’ AwardStorming to victory at an awards ceremony hosted by the Robb Report China last week, the 38m/125ft motor yacht SKYLER w...
- Where Can I Charter In The Caribbean This Winter?As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh up...
- 10 Of The Best Brand New Yachts To Charter In 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best brand new superyachts in 2018.
- 6 Brand New Charter Yachts To Look Out For In 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...