The largest yacht to ever attend the Monaco Yacht Show, JUBILEE was awarded the MYS 2017 Exterior Design Award as well as the MYS 2017 Finest New Superyacht Award in a glitzy ceremony attended by 400 guests from across the superyacht industry yesterday evening.
Other winners included the 52m/171ft charter yacht ‘Seven Sins’ from Sanlorenzo, who was recognised for her interior, and the 50m/163ft superyacht HOME, who picked up the RINA award for her eco-friendly credentials.
The Monaco Yacht Show Awards honour some of the superyachts making their debuts at the event and, this year, the prizes were presented at the show’s official opening ceremony.
Luxury yacht JUBILEE has been wowing the industry since her launch from Oceanco earlier this year and is one of the must-see yachts at the Monaco Yacht Show 2017. Standing out from her peers, she is bestowed with a wealth of features integrated into an architecturally challenging design.
Lobanov Design’s intelligent use of glass in the superstructure blends the deck levels, tricking the eye into believing she is 10 decks high instead of five. With qualities such as this, it comes as no surprise that the motor yacht scooped the exterior design award.
Likewise, Seven Sins has been causing a stir in the industry since her launch in early 2017 and she was also recognised just a few weeks ago for her exquisite interior styling from Mauro Mitchell’s studio Officina Italiana Design at the World Yacht Awards.
Her interior has been described as ‘ideal for charter’ and ‘a good reflection of the modern aspect of the exterior lines, sober and elegant without unnecessary excesses’.
Hessen yacht HOME, meanwhile, was delivered in July and boasts a hybrid propulsion system, which has been added to her innovative Fast Displacement Hull Form (FDHF). Using up less fuel and producing less noise than other yachts in her class, it’s no wonder she has won the RINA award.
The evening ceremony also highlighted a decade of recognized expertise in superyacht classification of RINA, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
Heesen superyacht HOME picked up the RINA award for her eco-friendly credentials
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...